Thread: Reservoirs- which one?

Default Reservoirs- which one?

I am about to get a water cooling system, but i don't know which reservoir to buy. Can anyone help?

Anodized

Well, it all depends.

A T-line is generally cheaper, easier, and just as useful as a reservoir, at a cost to bling bling.

Reservoirs are known to crack, but you can build your own with the right materials and tools. If you have any experience with acrylics, this might be a project to try.

I would also stay away from the aluminum capped ones, unless you use anti-corrosion stuff. Distilled water and aluminum is a huge no-no.

I'm not sure about AngelEye reservoirs or the like, but so long as they look somewhat thick and well made, they are usually okay. Remember to leak test and check your barbs!

What about the Innovatek Fass-O-Matic TIC Barrel Header Tank? are they any good? http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-res-41.html
    Is it the same as the Auqa computer Aquatube?

thats a good one i like one that have the water coming into the res higher then the retrun this way you see you setup is working if you do get that one your going to have to ct your case just a heads up goodluck

I'm confused...what does it actually do? I mean, if you can do without a reservoir then why get one?
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    I'm confused...what does it actually do? I mean, if you can do without a reservoir then why get one?
    Resevoirs are not needed at all in most setups--its a good way to get water in/out of the system easily (since they have fill caps) and also serves to put more water volume in the system--this can help with temps slightly in small, tight-looped systems. You can always forego the res and use a Fill Port which is a good way to get water in/out of the loop.

Then I am sold. I wouldent risk having a reservoir cracking. I don't have a water cooled system yet, but my next project (Glacher Falls) I plan on putting one in.
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Water Cooled

just take an empty peanutbutter yar, cut two holes on the top and you have yourself a cheap res. now the only thing left is to find a place for it. also a T line works pretty good too if you dont need the extra amount of water

Anodized

I'd still go with a T-line. It's just as easy to drain/bleed/fill your system as a reservoir, and is probably easier than having a fillport because you don't have to drill a hole in your case or take off the tubing to drain your system.

Whatever works for you, but make sure you can drain your system.