Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eee Keyboard...seriously?

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Eee Keyboard...seriously?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HK5RM6

600 dollars? And it comes with xp home. Gee golly!

Oh, and a wopping 16gig hdd in a device that's obviously geared towards media. I'll admit. This would be a cool toy for the living room while kicking back in the lazyboy surfing the net on a 60" but for 600 dollars?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Default Re: Eee Keyboard...seriously?

Yeah, they really missed the mark on price. It's an interesting concept though and could be a great product if it were refined.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Is that an OLED screen?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I don't think they missed the mark too far with all things considered. Its a completely untethered PC that you can use on your TV or Monitor. The inclusion of the Ultra Wide Band HDMI output is worth a few of the extra dollars. (Those alone will usually set you back 400-500 bucks alone) Which means you can be up to 30' away from the TV with no wires. Built in battery means you don't even need a power cord while on the couch (at least for 4 hours or so), and with the 5" multi-touch screen, I would imagine you have more options then a mouse or trackpad.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Thanks, I'll take my $50 wireless keyboard instead.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

it's a cool concept, but I would wager more than I've got that within 3 years it'll be on the great huge pile of ideas-that-never-caught-on, and will be totally worthless...
    You know, though, one needs an easy way of transporting it from room to room. Maybe a holster so you can always have it at your side, ready to impress women in bars. Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Well people are out there spending 600$ on i-phones and i-pads, those are both pieces of crap for the most part with 0 expandability and a absolute lack of ports... But you still see people shellin' out half a grand for those.

I suppose it wouldn't be fair to compare it to, oh, a modern ZX Spectrum, Amstrad, or C64?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    I suppose it wouldn't be fair to compare it to, oh, a modern ZX Spectrum, Amstrad, or C64?
    modern?

Considering they stuffed a $300 netbook into a full-sized keyboard with a touch-screen and wireless HDMI...and there are no competing products yet...
    yeah, $600 is reasonable. The price will come down once some other company releases a superior product that directly competes with it.

I personally would prefer a simple, wireless keyboard (actually, I'd even prefer wired, with extension) hooked to a much more powerful computer. I'm typing this on a eee 1201HA that chokes on HD streaming video...so I certainly wouldn't want an Atom CPU (especially a single-core) anywhere near a media-centered PC.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I'd consider it for $400 or less. This thing costs more than an ipad, and even that's expensive for what you get. This gadget just costs too much to do well, let alone mixed with being released about a year too late, maybe even two.

I also don't see a real use for it except for web browsing. It's only useful media wise as a streaming device, which is probably just going to end up costing you even more, unless you just go with upgrading the hard drive to a larger capacity, which still ends up costing you at least $60 more.

It's too expensive for what it is and does and it was released too late. I'd say scrap it but keep some of the ideas. I'd gladly pay $600 for an up-to-date netbook with these same capabilities.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.