Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Tempest SXR

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Tempest SXR

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    I can't find any 'forum' link. they give 'email', 'direct link', 'html' and 'img', and I tried every one with the code and none worked
    I checked the time I did it, and it looks like what you want is the 'img' link in 'm' tags.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

ah well. as of right now I'm writing this post from Tempest!!

I spent the afternoon swapping hardware, managing cables, doing a fresh install of W7 Ultimate 64-bit, etc etc. She's running good! I have some tweaking to do with the louvers as far as adjusting the code for actual operating temps, but that's no biggie Pics to come tomorrow or so

graphic header added to first page

I'm working on getting ahold of my father-in-law's camera to take some nice pics of this beast. I'll post them up whenever I can get them taken, should be this week hopefully

Nice header.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

thanks

alright I got an email from NZXT today saying they shipped my new Sentry 2 and it will be here thursday!

So hopefully this weekend I can get it all installed and prettied up and get some nice pics taken!

I have to do some unplanned trimming to the top panel. I say unplanned because I hadn't originally planned to put the Sentry 2 in the top panel, and some of the wiring for the USB, etc hits the top panel, so I'll need to hit it with some tin snips and make the hole bigger so everything clears properly.

Stay tuned!

Update time!

A shot from a couple weeks ago when I was doing the hardware transfer:

Here is how the hole in the top of the case comes:

Now I needed to open this up more to the front and rear to allow room for the cables that go to the i/o panel.

I used regular tin snips and cut a piece out of the front and the rear

Then used some plastic trim I had to cover up the sharp edges:

A HUGE thanks goes out to NZXT for this next part! I broke my touch panel to my Sentry 2 in a freak modding accident. I shot an email to NZXT asking them if there was any way I could purchase a replacement screen, as I didn't want to buy a whole second Sentry 2 just to take it's touch panel. They replied back and said they'd send me a whole new unit for free!

I got it in the other day and tore it down. Here is the touch screen mounted:

Then the LCD mounted on top of it:

I then re-attached the top panel. I'm saving pics of this for later when it's 100% done

I was in the process of finishing up my cable management when I realized I still had a mess of wires in front of the PSU, so I came up with an idea to make a partial false bottom.

I started by marking 2 rectangles on some carbon leftover from Rockin Case:

Then a few mins later with the band saw and we have 2 pieces:

I then hit them with the belt sander to make all the edges a perfect 90º and straight:

Then I tilted the sander deck 45º and beveled one edge on each piece. When fitted together it looks like this:

I then got my super thick CA glue and glued the two pieces together:

It's currently drying. Tomorrow after work I'll wet sand the outside of it and then hit it with some clearcoat!

That's it for now. I hope to have this 100% finished by the end of this weekend!

That's awesome about NZXT. I had Antec once send me a replacement front door for my old P180 the same way...told them that it was warping (mine was before they put on the thicker door), and is there any way I could buy just the thicker door? Oh, and some feet since I lost one somewhere? Got a response back to send them my mailing address and they would send me both free of charge.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

small update tonight

I cut a small notch in the side where it rests again the HDD to give it some clearance.

Then I noticed a spot on the case that was just open and not particularly useful to me at this point, so I measured it up and made a piece to cover it as well:

Then after sanding the sides all flush and smooth, I wet sanded the faces and hit them with some clearcoat:

That's it for tonight. These parts will be dry tomorrow afternoon, then I'll install them, then it'll be ready for final pics!!!

That's a lot of pretty for a box.
    --Benjamin Franklin