Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Tempest SXR

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Tempest SXR

well if you want to call it that lol. I have EVERY piece I need to make the top section being cut out. From the louvers to all the little hinge pieces and linkages to make them all work together. This part I didn't want to do by hand. The water-jet cuts with a .030" stream, so it will make each linkage EXACTLY the same, so the fins will open and close perfectly together (thats the plan anyways lol). Hydro Cutter is the shop I'm using. It's convenient because he's 5 mins from my house. This makes life a little easier

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Nice!!! +Rep Oh check out my gallery on the workbench. In the electronics section I have some pics of the LED Rainbow from John.

thats the same kit I just got as well, its the new version with the terminal blocks, makes life easier were you guys able to work something out as far as advertising/etc?

Yea I worked him up a banner that I am going to put up this weekend. His care package was quite nice.

awesome! His care packages are always quite nice

last one I got was a new RGB kit, a pair of LED blinky kits, and one of the blinky kits had like 15 extra transistors in it, a random pack of like 25 5mm blue LEDs, a round LED FX board, a ton of spare resistors and such. John's a great guy!

I got the LED Rainbow, FX kit, a blinky kit, the Round RGB LED Module and a string of 3 x 2 RGB strips.

nice score oh yea I got one of those round RGB led kits too (the one with 4 piranha LEDs). I'm trying to find a place to put that into this project

:EDIT: I actually just came up with a SWEET idea for it, I'll do some tinkering today and see how it will work out

When driven by the LED Rainbow, that 4 Piranha led disc is BRIGHT. It should be good to light a whole case.

oh yea, wait till you see the idea I've got in mind for it...as long as it works the way my brain is envisioning it lol

OK so I played around with that RGB LED disc today. I had an idea to make an "eye" for the case. Similar to what is shown on the box, is the Tempest shooting beams of light from his eyes. As Kayin put it in his review:

Buy this case and you can shoot eye beams too!
    Well If I could find a way to make it "beam" I would, but I think this will do. I just need to find a way to mod this into the case.

I have these aftermarket projector headlights on my truck. I got backed into and one of them broke, so I got it replaced. I had torn apart the old one (why I don't remember) and had all the parts out in my shed.

Here is the Projector lens from inside. It's just a glass half circle.

here is the lens next to the RGB disc kit

and sitting directly on top of the LEDs

now this didn't quite give the look I was after. I had a top to a spray can, so I cut out the top to leave a tube

a little better, but the lights were still too direct. I wanted it diffused more

lights on

lights off

then I decided to put a plain piece of white printer paper under the lens

MUCH better!

and of course a vid watch in 480p for best results. I thought I had my camera in 720p mode, but I guess not. oh well.

I may try 2 sheets of paper to diffuse it a tad more, but we'll see. I just need to find a way to work this into the case somehow