Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how many use amd and how many use pentium

Anodized

Default Re: how many use amd and how many use pentium

wow people get bent on this. I love athlon. Intel pre overclocks theirs and gives off more heat and that is why you cant overclock em is because they already are. Also look at the gaming community, servers, and architecs. Many more people use AMD then INTEL. only reason dorks use intel is because they are used in every cheap computer you buy.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." --Han Solo--
    Star Wars IV:A New Hope

Anodized

My pc, which I recently built is a P4 640 3.2ghz Cpu. I went P4 because I do a lot of multitasking and graphic design so the 2mb L2 cache sounded good to me.

My other pc Amd Athlon XP 2600+ which I just got sick of; don't know why.

I'm not a gamer, yet i'm not a power hungry pc user. I use the pc for forum whoring, graphic designing, some game play and msn and such. And have found the P4 to do that better for me.
    "It's a show we're filming. It's like cops, but from the criminals point of view"

only reason dorks use intel
    if you are an intel fan, you are uninformed. period.
    I can see you're not willing to discuss this like adults: this thread will probably end up getting locked, and good riddance. Just for once try opening your minds to the idea that you wouldn't have a competitive market if one were consistantly better than the other?

Talking to fanboys is impossible; they take every fair point like you insulted their mother. I can live without the hastle.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Dave's point is very valid.

Intel and AMD are constantly changing positions for the top company. This happens more with GPU companies, but it happens, nonetheless. lets say one month, AMD releases thier new CPU. Intel sees this, says, "hey, lets one-up them" and that's what they do. then next month, intel releases thier chip. And AMD reacts the same way. that's how it works.

all my computers are amd because amd offer high performance for a good price

ATX Mental Case

I have one computer running a good ol' socket A xp, another on an athalon 64 3500+, and a third on a pentium 4. Personally im an amd fan.

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by guitar.child
    wow people get bent on this. I love athlon. Intel pre overclocks theirs and gives off more heat and that is why you cant overclock em is because they already are. Also look at the gaming community, servers, and architecs. Many more people use AMD then INTEL. only reason dorks use intel is because they are used in every cheap computer you buy.
    Thats an idiotic thing to say.
    Whether they overclock them beforehand or not (Maybe you should brush up on your knowlege on how cpus are clocked in the first place.) it makes no difference to how far they can be pushed! The only difference is that you can't boast to your friends about how you got a 20% OC instead of an 18% oc!
    Now, I have a p4 3.0Ghz running at 3.6Ghz, which is a fairly good OC considering that it is air cooled. So what you just said is simply wrong.
    Also, Have you ever witnessed the heat that Athlon64s pump out? My old acer ferrari3400 laptop became so hot under the palm that you couldn't game on it for long as it became almost painfully hot. I have witnessed this in 3 other athlon64 lappys and I know that my older AMD xp cpu ran hotter than my overclocked p4! fair enough, the cooler on my p4 is a bit more efficient than the one on my athlon xp but still!
    So from experience I would say that for me, anyway, intel cpus have run much colder than AMD cpus.
    However, I went AMD when it comes to laptops. I have heard great things about the Turion64 processors, and wouldn't buy anything else when it came to choice. Im also an Nvidia user if that makes any difference

I also find your comments about intel users as insulting. They also make you sound like an ignorant eight year old child.
    Peace
    H

AMD Athlon 64

Fresh Paint

I use plenty of both. But I do prefer intel over AMD for the whole fact my 3.0 cost me $100 compared to the $400 my dear only AMD would have.

Intel Pentium 3000HT@3800HT (My Baby)
    AMDXP1900+ @ 2200+
    AMDXP1600+
    AMDAthlon 1500 @ 1800
    Intel Celeron 1700 @ 2200
    Intel Pentium 1800 @ 2400
    Intel Pentium 2800
    Intel Pentium II 450
    Intel Pentium III 1000 @ 1200

I think both brands are equall in worth and play. They both run a little hot under the collar Barton vs. Prescott. But as long as your good to it they'll both run just about anything you want if it be AMD or INTEL both are nice processors, that's from personal experiance with about 10 years under my belt.

lmao...8 yr old child...well how do you know he isn't....haha just joking. Anyways about AMD running hotter, well umm ya it will run hotter if you have a better HSF unit on your P4...that's kind of self explanitory. But for the most part AMD does run a whole lot cooler.
    Right now i have an AMD 3200 and it's OC'd to 2.8Ghz...guess what it goes like 48 C at load and idles around 35 C. All i gots is a HSF unit, a relitively cheap one at that, 3 case fans and nothing else...guess it's all about the way you set it up ya?? give it a try, if you need help everyone around here will give you whatever assistance they can, I'll help to whenever i'm around to do so anyways...
    I'm personally a fan of AMD, just kuz i never bothered to screw around with Intel before, just AMD. Intel is a great company, however i believe AMD has the edge on them right now, just personal opinion though, all you Intel fans...giver and try to show the arrogant AMD's what you got ya?

Peace