Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat Person?

Default Cat Person?

Ah, the things I get in my email...

Cat Person Profile Quiz
    Is your devotion to your cat and "cat things" in the training stage, at a moderate level, or extreme? Or are you an all out shameless "cat-a- holic?" Let's just see how you rate as a "cat person," shall we? See how many of these can you give an HONEST "yes" answer to:

--Can you meow so well that you can fake out your cats?

--Have you ever called your husband/wife by the cat's name by mistake?

--Do you think of your cats as the "furry kids?"

--Did you ever decide to buy a house or rent an apartment based solely on the potential spot for the litterbox?

--Do you think cat hair in your food is a good source of protein?

--Last Christmas/Hanukkah, did you spend more money on cat toys than you did on gifts for the kids or grandkids?

--Are you at a loss as to how to talk to people who don't own any cats?

--Does your wallet contain more photos of your cats than your kids or grandkids?

--Have you often slept on the very edge of the bed so that you won't disturb the cat who's sleeping in the very middle?

--Do you leave messages for the kitty on the answering machine?

--Have you ever invited a guest to sit down by patting the seat and making that noise with your pursed lips?

--Does your answering machine have the cat meowing on the outgoing message?

--When you go to the bathroom do you think of it as "using the litterbox"?

--Have you made a habit of setting a place at the table for the kitty?

--Do you know your cat's birthday (or if not, have made a good guess) and have a birthday party to celebrate?

--When your husband/wife gives you the ultimatum, "OK, it's me or the cat," you don't hesitate for even one second.

--Do your neighbors talk about you as "the nut with all the cats?"

How many did you answer "yes" to? I think just answering one with a "yes" is enough to qualify you as a "Cat Person." But the number of yes answers determines the degree.

Your "Cat-ability" Score"

--1 to 4 yes answers: In training - you could do better, but it's OK, you're learning.

--5 to 8 yes answers: Moderate - working on it, improving nicely. Potential is there.

--9 to 13 yes answers: Extreme - just about there, almost mastered the art. Keep stretching yourself.

--14 to 17 yes answers: Totally possessed, hopelessly devoted, cat-a-holic. Congratulations! (But you'll find no 12 step program here!)

Default Re: Cat Person?

I got a 0.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Looks like I scored a 2.5 (the .5 comes from the b-day question) -

--Can you meow so well that you can fake out your cats?
    *sigh.....yep. and it's fun! that's the sad part.

--Have you ever called your husband/wife by the cat's name by mistake?
    nope.

--Do you think of your cats as the "furry kids?"
    Yes. It really is like having a couple furry 3 year olds...

--Did you ever decide to buy a house or rent an apartment based solely on the potential spot for the litterbox?
    no. in fact, the apartment I'm in has a not-so-great litterbox location but there's nowhere else for it to go.

--Do you think cat hair in your food is a good source of protein?
    hell no, but it gets in there (and everywhere else) anyway.

--Last Christmas/Hanukkah, did you spend more money on cat toys than you did on gifts for the kids or grandkids?
    nope. my cats like free things like bags, twisty ties, tufts of fur, chinchilla poop (I have 3 of those little fuzzballs)

--Are you at a loss as to how to talk to people who don't own any cats?
    No. I just pity them.

--Does your wallet contain more photos of your cats than your kids or grandkids?
    No photos in the wallet. course, I don't have kids or grandkids either.

--Have you often slept on the very edge of the bed so that you won't disturb the cat who's sleeping in the very middle?
    no. but i've been careful about getting out of bed so as not to disturb the cat who's sleeping on the edge.

--Do you leave messages for the kitty on the answering machine?
    good lord no. that's just silly.

--Have you ever invited a guest to sit down by patting the seat and making that noise with your pursed lips?
    heh. no.

--Does your answering machine have the cat meowing on the outgoing message?
    nope.

--When you go to the bathroom do you think of it as "using the litterbox"?
    no. although when the cats insist on trying to join me in there I usually tell them that I don't try and join them in the litterbox.

--Have you made a habit of setting a place at the table for the kitty?
    no, but one of them jumps on the dining table anyway.

--Do you know your cat's birthday (or if not, have made a good guess) and have a birthday party to celebrate?
    made a good guess, yes (both my cats are resues, one was 6 months old and the other 2 years old when I got them). never done a b-day party. c'mon. they're cats. they'd have no clue what was going on.

--When your husband/wife gives you the ultimatum, "OK, it's me or the cat," you don't hesitate for even one second.
    nope. I'd pick her every time.

--Do your neighbors talk about you as "the nut with all the cats?"
    no, although we *do* have a neighbor who seems to be a nut with 2 cats. honest. I know the name of one of them is Yoda, but my girlfriend calls them White Kitty and Smushface (that's Yoda)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Fiance and I took this together. We total ~11. Took some liberties on the meaning of some of them, so probably a bit lower if they are taken exactly literal.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I'm a 3-3.5 (again with guessing the birthday-ish, but not celebrating it), though that score only really applies to the cat I used to have (died about a year ago now ). Unfortunately the apartment complex I'm in right now won't let me have pets, but I'm moving in August, and that's definitely on my list.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Something approaching 6. I likes my fuzzface. It bites a lot though. Siamese tend to do that.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I only scored a 4 myself, but since I have no kids to buy gifts for of course I spent more on the "furry kids." I didn't count that as a yes. Also, I don't carry a wallet, but do pics on my cellphone count? If so, it'd be another yes...Those two extras would move me up to 6.

Also, congrats on the engagement NightrainSrt4

Thanks. I did it a year ago, but we've got a date and such, just didn't want to rush things.

We have two cats. I like dogs, I just always had a cat growing up so am more attached to them.

Only a 4 surprisingly. But she is DEFINITELY one of the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

I have 2 dogs (1 stays outside all the time) and 1 cat right now. I'm getting a kitten in a few weeks when she's old enough to leave her mom.