Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food industry workers who wear too much perfume! %@$%#

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Food industry workers who wear too much perfume! %@$%#

[Rant Log: Star Date -312604.107]

So I came home for an early lunch and to make sure the landscapers know to trim my hedges this time. I stop by McDonalds and order a Double quarter pounder meal with a large sweet tea. I can smell the perfume from the woman at the window before I even get to it. So I get my food and am being overwhelmed by this woman's perfume. I get home and sit down to eat and I will be damned if my drink cup is not smelling like a french ho house too. So I pour it into a glass. Pull out my burger and fries and I still smell the stuff with every bite.

Stuff like this piss me off. If you are in the food industry by all means wear something so you do not smell bad but for gods sake do not take a bath in the perfume. What if a mom were to drive up to that window and in her passenger seat was her little kid who had severe asthma and the perfume caused a reaction. Normally I would call the store and complain but its not worth me wasting my breath. Fast food from McDs will always be crap and a single complaint is not going to change anything.

[/End Rant Log]

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Food industry workers who wear too much perfume! %@$%#

Actually, I don't know what it's like in the US, but I worked for McD's here in the UK for a long time. Any complaint about the food, especially regarding portion size or quantity is pretty much utterly ignored, but a complaint about a single aspect of a single person always used to get dealt with. If it bothered you that much, and you honestly believe it'd bother other people, it's only a single phone call. Who knows, you might even get your next meal free too lol (that was the standard first apology here - here have a free Big Mac! )

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

i worked in the food industry,

and if someone on my shift was wearing too much smelly stuff i used to send them home without pay, did it second time formal warning, thirst time sack,

simple as, working for mass production food you can't taint food like that.

People used to hate me for it, and always came out with "But i need to wear it, or you want me to stink"

my answer was if your clean you won't stink, and by all means wear a little, but not too much, if i can smell it on the food or from more than 10ft then it's too much

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Some people don't seem to grasp that good hygiene doesn't necessarily equal bathing in perfume or cologne. It's not only in fast food places either. I've been in restaurants where the waiter or waitress was so over-scented that it's made me sneeze.

I am scent sensitive in the first place and people do not realize how much perfume they put on simply because they have been using too much for so long they have burned their olfactory senses.

If I have to deal with someone on a daily basis, I will mention the fact that "a little will go a long way". If I continually have issues I will be a whiny diva and refuse to work with them. What others don't grasp is that too much perfume will cause breathing issues, headaches and even skin irritation problems (among other things).

When food is involved I will complain right away if there is an issue. Most good restaurants will set standards for perfume application and will not allow the cooks to wear any fragrance because they know it will affect the taste of the food. The servers have a similar edict, but since they have to deal with the public they are a little less stringent.

I would call and speak to the manager. Inform them that while the service you got from the person was great, you are still tasting her perfume on your food. They will say something.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

mmm I want a sweet tea now. thanks. jerk. lol

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I did end up calling after I got back to the office when one of the ladies in the office commented on the strong perfume sent when I handed her a paper. The sent actually stuck to my hands strong enough that it was noticeable an hour and 15 minutes later.

You guys were right. There were a few other calls today about the strong perfume smell. The manager apologized and told me to call him back if this happens in the future. He didn't offer a free meal but I didn't care about that as I eat at McDonalds maybe twice a month. Subway is my "fast" food of choice followed by Burger King and then Taco Bell. I do get their sweet tea quite often as its pretty close to the taste of my home made tea and its a buck for like 32oz.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Actually worked for McD and currently for Wendys and both have policies on wearing to much perfume or cologne. Honestly I would have to say from a food safety position this is an issue. Smelling it when eating a Big Mac, which when you make them the smell of dehydrated-onions and pickles is almost impossible to get off you hands after just the first burger is made, can actually mean chemical contamination has happened even though it was in the air. Personally as a manager I would have sent her home just like XcOM mentioned.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

strong perfumes in brampton r basically banned... but BO and stinking like curry is not an issue (dont hate.. i love curry... but there is such a thing as too much...)
    u can get fired for wearing alot of it...

and CJ.... 32 oz is a liter... u must have to piss like a race horse after that LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

It's nice to know that the manager actually apologized. Sometimes they won't take any action unless the customers complain.