Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my p180

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

Default Re: my p180

as for the cooling system on this...i plan on usin blue 5/8 ID hose...and some 5/8-1/2 fittings........gonna go with a top mounted blackice 2...and ill find somethin nifty to do with than intake on the top.....sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Sounds great to me. We just ordered in a Zalman Reserator 1 Plus for one of our projects, I've never done a water cooled rig myself so this will be a first attempt. I've been scared to try until now but since this rig is for my dad, oh well, his loss if I screw it up. <lol>

so ive done some idea brewing for this case... and i think ive got a few to come...the main thing i came up with is usin an aircleaner cover to in clost the radiator...then cut 2 holes for the 120mm fans for it...the for the bottom part of the cleaner cover...pretty much cut it all away around the radiator...making some custom mounts to hole the radiator/cleaner cover up away from the case about an inch....then covering that with some mesh.......ill try to get a drawing up to help explain it a bit

I know exactly what you mean. I actually used an Edelbrock breather (similar to an air cleaner like you're talking about) as part of a HSF I built. Here's a neat trick though, put LED's inside the filter (if it's the kind with the white filter liner around the sides) it looks SICK!

i think the only problem i have with usin the airfilter to cover up the insides....the thickness of the radiator and fans....i guess ill see about that once i get that far...but as of right now.....im thinkin ill use something like metal flashing and just bend it around to fit....or mebbe i can just mod the air filters:p

either way...i still need to get me a new work bench...my dad donated mine when we moved...so i havent been able to mod for about 4 months now...and its startin to drive me insane....so now im workin my ass off cleanin the garage so i can have a place to put in a bench

Well that's what I did, I modded the breather to work as a heatpipe HS. It worked just fine. Of course this isn't a car filter, it's just a small breather. Similar to this but with the filter on the sides visible.

Thumbs down Re: my p180

alright...ive pretty much hit a wall as far as ideas......ive got my cooling and such all down....
    i just dont know what to do with the left side panel....anyone got an idea as far as a window shape that would look good for a hot rod theme?

ok so i got a window design drawn up... tell me what you think....im open to suggestions for other ideas for windows to match the theme

gotta love Paint

ATX Mental Case

The problem with having such a large window on a P180 is that you actually see very little: http://www.antec.com/productImageIns...p?ProdID=81800 Unless you decorate/hide/mod the side of the cages and bays, I don't think having such a large window will add to it. As the mobo is top left, you might just restrict the window to that area, just my thoughts though.
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

i would make the window with a flame design. also it would be super cool if you would make the resevoirs look like Nitrous Oxide Tanks
    Im Back Baby!
    Yeah, I just quoted Bender Bending Rodriguez, got a problem?