Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airbrushing and custom paint

Default Airbrushing and custom paint

Anyone want some airbrushing on their case, console, or controller? I know you all like to paint your own (who doesn't), but I have a spray gun, 2 airbrushes, and access to colors you can't get in rattle cans.

The paints I use:
    http://www.autoaircolors.com/product...nt_frames.html

Prices
    Consoles - $40 plus shipping both ways. Throw your controllers in the box and they'll get painted too.
    Controllers - $20 plus shipping both ways.
    Cases - $50. I know they're not much bigger than a gaming console, but they are a little more work as far as prep.

The price will include a base color of your choice and a good 2k automotive clear coat. Airbrushing will be included at no additional cost as long as it's not something that will take me more than an hour to brush.

Here's some examples of my work.

Oh, and I have some new stencils to play around with too, thanks to the good folks at airsickstencils.com:

Default Re: Airbrushing and custom paint

I must say that I am interested and i really like this
    but would probably cost alot more than 50 to do my sunbeam case.

And the airbrushing I would want may take a bit longer than an hour as well after properly shaded and highlighted
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Has fate brought us together? My 360 is in pieces right now so I'm pretty tempted to send it your way. Only problem is I'm not sure what I'd want. lol
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Snowman: The hotrod sparkle colors are approached a little differently than the other colors. You have to mix them with the transparent base and spray over another base color (preferably from the 4200 or 4700 series). They're also meant to be out in the sun which is really the only time you'll see them sparkle like they're meant to. The same with the color shifting stuff. UV light really plays with this stuff well, and is what gives them their full effect. That said, it can be done on anything, just the effect won't be as significant if it's on something that's primarily indoors. The 4300 series pearls look good wherever.

As for the VW graphic, what shading are you looking for? Chrome effect? It's actually not as hard as you might think to pull off. An hour should be plenty of time to get it done. I could stencil that fairly easily, the only downside is I'm limited to 8.5x11 unless I project and trace it.

Buzz: It's up to you. Make it a base color and really cool graphic, or even just a really cool graphic.

**I should mention that sending just the shell without hardware is ideal to cut down on shipping costs.

To give you guys an idea on time estimates, I did this one on Sunday in about 15 minutes just playing around. Obviously, I didn't go too far with it, but it gives you an idea on how quickly something can come together.

Actually after more thought I was thinking the mini atx case that will go in my car to run VAGCOM would be a better choice. So maybe when I order the case we could work something out have it shipped direct to you. Mind you this may be a few weeks away but its an idea. Unless you want to paint the whole care too haha. As far as the logo goes i just want it to pop a little bit nothing fancy but i don't want it to look flat.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Whatever works for you works for me, Snowman. I'm under no time constraints. Don't tempt me on the car....

I know how to break it down so it would be easy, and the car need painted anyway because I am replacing the rear bumper. I have vacation time and a little bit of money would be nothing to save away. So this is me tempting you haha.

Seriously SgtM the more I think about it the more it would be awesome haha. I need my car painted and having that logo airbrushed onto it would be awesome.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

I've got an idea...and since it'll be a full build, you'll get credit for the paintjob.

Lemme source my reference pics again and I'll either call you or PM you.
    EDIT: and no, this isn't the bass drum head, although I'm still would like to get that done. This is a computer casemod.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Seriously SgtM the more I think about it the more it would be awesome haha. I need my car painted and having that logo airbrushed onto it would be awesome.
    Find a way to get it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    I've got an idea...and since it'll be a full build, you'll get credit for the paintjob.

Lemme source my reference pics again and I'll either call you or PM you.
    EDIT: and no, this isn't the bass drum head, although I'm still would like to get that done. This is a computer casemod.
    Cool. Let me know.