Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This cheers me up.. Dupont Registry

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: This cheers me up.. Dupont Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    The only problem I have with hypercars like that, is "where will I ever use this?"

Sure, it would be fun to own, but I cant see myself ever driving it.. so what's the point?
    The Koenigsegg's are all fully in supercar territory. Not only are they gorgeous (imo), they're designed for driving, not just for looking pretty. Every aspect of it is designed to pull the last bit of performance out of it. Everything is function first, form last, and personally I think that is why it is so gorgeous. No waste, everything is there for the express purpose of making it go faster or handle better.

Oh, and I think the $1.2 million price tag I was remembering may have been for the CCXRE, a special edition that they only made somewhere around 15-20 of. I remember when they reviewed it Top Gear saying that the CC8S had a price tag of 400,000 something pounds, or somewhere around $600k-$700k, and the CC8S was 2 generations ago (CC8S -> CCX/R -> Agera). It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. The CCX is #3 on Top Gear's power lap board, topped only by the Ascari A10 and Gumpert Apollo. Also, I believe the CCX (without the Top Gear spoiler) is the only car that the Stigg has actually crashed...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

I think I might be the only one here who doesn't really like the looks of the Koenigsegg. And the Stig crashed one? yikes...THAT was an expensive accident. but then, it shows how good a driver he is that he hasn't crashed other cars, I know the guy pushes those things to their limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Hahaha, it's definitely a very..specific..beauty. Stigy was trying to shave off a few seconds the first time they had the CCX on their track (before Koenigsegg put the Top Gear spoiler on it), but on one of the corners he just didn't have enough downforce, and he ended up spinning off the track and through a tire wall. Interestingly, looking at the Koenigsegg website, you won't be able to get the Agera without at least a small spoiler, which is really a good thing because even with the 'just' 806 BHP engine in the CCX, without a spoiler it couldn't really put all that power to the ground in the corners. ...and the Agera puts out 910 BHP standard! I can't wait to see the special edition Agera that they'll inevitably make..the special edition CCXR that they made had a standard 1018 BHP! That's more than the Bugatti Veyron!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

lolz im more of the build your own type.. now if i had the money.. it would be a cossie MK2 (quad carb) or a datsun 510 with a SR20 swap (nothing sound sexier than a blow off valve) they wont handle aswell round the turns... but oncethey hook they will blow ur doors off
    and if money and time r of no value... civic EG6 (bubble back) with a CRV 4WD swap and a J35A3 motor

super cars look sexy.. but i would prefer to make it my own..

if not... either the caterham or the ariel atom.... 0-60 in as fast as you can shift it - Jeremy Clarkson

and the atom is street legal
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    maybe I"m an idiot...but what's this the back end of?
    The GTM Factory Five.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

yep, I'm an idiot LOL. I profess to very much want that car and I can't figure out the pic of the back end.

Personally I prefer the Factory Five Roadster:

The AC Shelby Cobra is one of my two favorite cars of all time, but I know there's no way I'll ever be able to own one. One of these? Yes, definitely possible.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Caterham Kit cars aren't expensive. Maybe in the States, but here it costs less than a new 4-door saloon, assuming you're willing to build it yourself. Seems like every American on here is pretty happy covered in oil with a bathtub full of engine parts. Maybe not a lottery win dream after all? Me and my Dad have considered buying one.

The most expensive Caterham, fully built, is only £32,000. You're looking at about 30% less in Kit form.

EDIT: Their website lied! I believe that's the before-tax price, and tax in the UK is 17.5%, so it's about £42,900 after all. But the classic Caterham is only £13,300. It's not a car you could drive a lot, so get some friends together, save up a bunch, organize a time-share, and get yourself a super-7.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

That's one of the reasons why the Caterhams are so appealing to me. I got this book called "Build your own racecar for 250 pounds" (sorry, mac keyboard, cant find the L symbol) and it's basically a book on how to build a Locost, or Lotus 7 clone, aka Caterham.

Donor car, lots of salvaged parts, and all the knowledge you should need to do it yourself. Pretty awesome! Tons of pics too if you get lost.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Personally I prefer the Factory Five Roadster:

The AC Shelby Cobra is one of my two favorite cars of all time, but I know there's no way I'll ever be able to own one. One of these? Yes, definitely possible.
    yeah, those are real pretty too. Seen a couple of them around where I live over the last few years, although I don't know if they were real Cobras or replicas.