Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: After 3+ years, I got fired

  1. #31
    50 Custom PC's in 10 Years! TheGreatSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    6,629

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    I called their number and it just says that if you don't certify your unemployment it will drop off. That's what I'll do.
    ----------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    NEW GENESIS
    *******************************
    Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel i7 2600K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 4) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, 1275 Watt Thermaltake 80 Platinum Modular PSU, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3GB, and a Corsair H60

  2. #32
    Paradox Sausage DaveW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Scotland, UK (NOT England)
    Posts
    5,550

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    ive noticed alot of ppl have been using things like ADHD and depression to get disability here in canada.. it sickens me...
    Don't tar everyone with the same brush. These are mental disorders that manifest different symptoms and severity from person to person. Suicide is one of the biggest 'killers' of young men in the UK, and a lot of studies have suggested this is because young men aren't willing to talk about their problems. Understandable if the potential reactions include "you sicken me".

    There are a lot of leaches in the world, but leaches will use any reason they can. To say;
    ADHD cant even remotely be a reason... guess what.. i "have" it...
    Is entirely unfair; ADHD is not well understood, and there are a lot of misdiagnoses. ADHD does not mean that you are hyper, although that is a common misconception; the 'hyperactivity' in the name refers to hyperactive parts of the brain that prevent a person from retaining focus. It's entirely reasonable that someone with severe ADHD would find it extremely difficult to work, so it can be a reason. You cannot hold yourself as an example, as you may have mild symptoms, or maybe you only manifest the 'hyperactive' symptoms, and not the 'inattentive' symptoms.

    It's very, very easy to pigeon-hole people like this, but it's not fair to them. A lot of people think mental disorders aren't 'real problems', especially depression and ADHD, because tens of thousands of people think that depression is the same as feeling bad after you get dumped, or that ADHD means you were a hyper child. There's a lot more to it than that.

    -Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

  3. #33
    Overclocking Guru Trace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,077

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    Amen to what Dave said. I'm living with 2 bipolar people and have seen first hand what these mental disorders can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

  4. #34
    Meow Luthien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jasper, AL
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Amen to what Dave said. I'm living with 2 bipolar people and have seen first hand what these mental disorders can do.
    I understand that one. My ex was bipolar. He decided to stop medicating and then he got drunk. I won't elaborate, but I will say the results were beyond unpleasant.

  5. #35
    Fox Furry crenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the shadows behind you
    Posts
    4,067

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
    I understand that one. My ex was bipolar. He decided to stop medicating and then he got drunk. I won't elaborate, but I will say the results were beyond unpleasant.
    I can see where you're going with that, but the only input I have to say is that not all bipolars are like that, there are always different circumstances, but that's more the person themselves, not really their condition.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

  6. #36
    Meow Luthien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jasper, AL
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    I can see where you're going with that, but the only input I have to say is that not all bipolars are like that, there are always different circumstances, but that's more the person themselves, not really their condition.
    You're right. It does vary from person to person. I just wanted to illustrate the point that sometimes a mental illness can be worse than other times. It was partially him, but a part of who he was involved having bipolar disorder. I never meant to imply that all people with bipolar disorder are like he was, and I apologize if it sounded like that's what I meant.

  7. #37
    50 Custom PC's in 10 Years! TheGreatSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    6,629

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    I'm closing this.
    ----------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    NEW GENESIS
    *******************************
    Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel i7 2600K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 4) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, 1275 Watt Thermaltake 80 Platinum Modular PSU, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3GB, and a Corsair H60

  8. #38
    50 Custom PC's in 10 Years! TheGreatSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    6,629

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    I've been out of work for nine days now.

    I went to an informal interview at Radio Shack. They had all the applicants in one room in side-by-side chairs and a bunch of managers across from them. It feels like you can't get your point across when you hear the guy next to you answering too.

    Must've been OK, because they called me for a second interview on Monday. I'll probably really have to screw it up to not get hired.
    ----------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    NEW GENESIS
    *******************************
    Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel i7 2600K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 4) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, 1275 Watt Thermaltake 80 Platinum Modular PSU, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3GB, and a Corsair H60

  9. #39
    Meow Luthien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jasper, AL
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    Good luck!

  10. #40
    Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    They had all the applicants in one room in side-by-side chairs and a bunch of managers across from them.
    -_^ I can't think of a single way that this is a good idea...

    Good luck. Here's hoping those 9 days don't keep adding up.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •