Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: After 3+ years, I got fired

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: After 3+ years, I got fired

I called their number and it just says that if you don't certify your unemployment it will drop off. That's what I'll do.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

ive noticed alot of ppl have been using things like ADHD and depression to get disability here in canada.. it sickens me...
    Don't tar everyone with the same brush. These are mental disorders that manifest different symptoms and severity from person to person. Suicide is one of the biggest 'killers' of young men in the UK, and a lot of studies have suggested this is because young men aren't willing to talk about their problems. Understandable if the potential reactions include "you sicken me".

There are a lot of leaches in the world, but leaches will use any reason they can. To say;
    ADHD cant even remotely be a reason... guess what.. i "have" it...
    Is entirely unfair; ADHD is not well understood, and there are a lot of misdiagnoses. ADHD does not mean that you are hyper, although that is a common misconception; the 'hyperactivity' in the name refers to hyperactive parts of the brain that prevent a person from retaining focus. It's entirely reasonable that someone with severe ADHD would find it extremely difficult to work, so it can be a reason. You cannot hold yourself as an example, as you may have mild symptoms, or maybe you only manifest the 'hyperactive' symptoms, and not the 'inattentive' symptoms.

It's very, very easy to pigeon-hole people like this, but it's not fair to them. A lot of people think mental disorders aren't 'real problems', especially depression and ADHD, because tens of thousands of people think that depression is the same as feeling bad after you get dumped, or that ADHD means you were a hyper child. There's a lot more to it than that.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Amen to what Dave said. I'm living with 2 bipolar people and have seen first hand what these mental disorders can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Amen to what Dave said. I'm living with 2 bipolar people and have seen first hand what these mental disorders can do.
    I understand that one. My ex was bipolar. He decided to stop medicating and then he got drunk. I won't elaborate, but I will say the results were beyond unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
    I understand that one. My ex was bipolar. He decided to stop medicating and then he got drunk. I won't elaborate, but I will say the results were beyond unpleasant.
    I can see where you're going with that, but the only input I have to say is that not all bipolars are like that, there are always different circumstances, but that's more the person themselves, not really their condition.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    I can see where you're going with that, but the only input I have to say is that not all bipolars are like that, there are always different circumstances, but that's more the person themselves, not really their condition.
    You're right. It does vary from person to person. I just wanted to illustrate the point that sometimes a mental illness can be worse than other times. It was partially him, but a part of who he was involved having bipolar disorder. I never meant to imply that all people with bipolar disorder are like he was, and I apologize if it sounded like that's what I meant.

I'm closing this.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I've been out of work for nine days now.

I went to an informal interview at Radio Shack. They had all the applicants in one room in side-by-side chairs and a bunch of managers across from them. It feels like you can't get your point across when you hear the guy next to you answering too.

Must've been OK, because they called me for a second interview on Monday. I'll probably really have to screw it up to not get hired.
    WH1T3 0U7

Good luck!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    They had all the applicants in one room in side-by-side chairs and a bunch of managers across from them.
    -_^ I can't think of a single way that this is a good idea...

Good luck. Here's hoping those 9 days don't keep adding up.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV