Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APB beta open

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

Default Re: APB beta open

I have played in the closed beta its a good game They did have issues this morning with na website which caused downloading/updating errors.
    - Computer-Geek

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

...limited time trial of the open beta. WTF!!!! It says I have to purchase more time. I tried checking to see what they expect me to pay and it wont load. Awesome. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Just as I started to get the game down I run out of play time.

EDIT: I got a Http/1.1 Service Unavailable error, just like their site.

Additional Game Time
    Once your game time is up, you have flexibility to top up your action game time from as little as $6.99 (£5.59, €6.29) for an additional 20 hours, while more frequent players can switch to a 30-day unlimited package for only $9.99 (£7.99, €8.99) with discounts available for 90 and 180 days.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

You only had unlimited time in social where you could customize your char and 5 hours in the action districts I consider it a demo.
    - Computer-Geek

Ya, I didn't know that. I probably spent 90 minutes of it afk.

Not really diggin the combat style, almost feels like its a console port. From what I played, most of it was just driving from point A to point B and hitting F. There were never really any gun fights happening. I have already noticed people bunny-hopping around. Also, there is something about the car handling that seems really off to me, it almost doesnt feel sensitive enough or responsive.

The major thing I like about the game is the cusomization of everything from your character, to the clothes you wear, to the design of you car, color, and decals/emblems.
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

The major problem that will keep me from buying this game is the lag. Other than that, the game play is fun. The firefights come with bigger groups. If it gets hot, more and more backup can get called and that's when the real firefights come in. It's just rare when you're a new player.

So far, the most epic fight was when two guys picked me up to protect me from the enforcers, we were being chased by 3 cop cars being shot at. It didn't take long for our car to catch fire so we bailed and what happens? Another group member came out of nowhere in a pickup truck and smashed 2 of the enforcers who were hiding behind their patrol car into a wall. AWESOME!!!

Played quite a bit yesterday day. After figuring out how the reputaion works and getting my friends to play too it has become a lot more fun. Not a big fan of the whole shooting system, feels weird coming from a straight FPS game to a more MMO/RPG FPS style. I wish the game was a little more open in the way of getting to objectives. I dont like how there are only certain doors/fences that you can open of jump over.

I am kind of bummed that your main party can only hold 4 people without having backup or whatever.

I would definently think about picking this up if you didn't have to pay to play in the PVP districts.
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Lag renders the game unplayable and theres nothing you can do to reduce it. Another fail for EA.