Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review: Aluratek Libre Ebook Reader Pro

Default Re: Review: Aluratek Libre Ebook Reader Pro

I've been looking into getting an ebook reader. This one sounds like a really good deal. The list of 100 free ebooks is impressive. I'm curious about the price, too. I'd like the black one, but if the white one is cheaper for the same quality product I'd buy it instead.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Just got word back from Aluratek.

The $120 is actually a temporary promotional price for the Aluratek site. It will go back up to $149 for both
    the black and the white.... BUT.... The Libre is also available for pre-order through Borders right now at $119.99 for both colors!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Oooh, tempting...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I've actually decided to start saving money up for a Nook. I was thinking about the Sony, but I ended up liking the features of the Nook quite a bit more. Then compared to the Kindle... well, it has better features, too. Like the expansion card slot. They've also addressed and fixed a lot of the software issues. AND you can change the color of the back plate. :p

I'm too much of a stickler for quality, design and features. It doesn't allow me to be cheap, probably why I don't have very much stuff but what I do have is pretty nice. ha

If it weren't for the controls on this puppy, I'd probably consider getting it and then maybe even modding my own case for it. Ah well..
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

^ Seconded... Although i may spring for the nook light when and if it comes out instead (No 3g, just WIFI) as i hate AT&T (years of s***y customer and cell service till i switched to verizon) and dont download my books off the stores... i usually use my laptop for that kind of thing...
    Not dead yet

I don't really need features like wifi on the ebook reader. I have a netbook, a desktop, and wireless internet on my cell phone. I like it because of the price and the included book selection. I looked at the preorder on Borders.com and only saw the black one, but that's the one I wanted anyway.