Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FaceBook is a lot like Shopping...

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default FaceBook is a lot like Shopping...

As to respect the privacy of unconsenting third parties, I've blackened out as much as I could. The rest... well, now you all know what I look like I guess. lol

But I had no idea that these kinds of things actually happen on FaceBook! Here I thought they were all fake... and then it happens to me...

Edit: Just for kicks and giggles.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/c...like_shopping/
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: FaceBook is a lot like Shopping...

I'd delete quinn. I hate people that force feed you their religion. lol
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    No joke. Luckily I don't have to as she wasn't my friend to begin with.

I did add Kelli as a friend though. That chick is pretty awesome. I like FaceBook so far for this reason. You know the people to stay away from and you meet new people who are awesome.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Agreed there, especially considering I'm LDS (Mormon) and don't tolerate bigotry of any religion. He's pressing his beliefs and belittling other's. Bad form all around.

Just a clarification, not pressing my beliefs. The LDS church believes Joseph Smith to be a prophet, not a god. If you want an equivalent, relate him to Moses or Noah or David or Peter. The LDS church is Christrian, Christ is our savior and lord.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Agreed there, especially considering I'm LDS (Mormon) and don't tolerate bigotry of any religion. He's pressing his beliefs and belittling other's. Bad form all around.

Just a clarification, not pressing my beliefs. The LDS church believes Joseph Smith to be a prophet, not a god. If you want an equivalent, relate him to Moses or Noah or David or Peter. The LDS church is Christrian, Christ is our savior and lord.
    Would you call the Mormon bible the 3rd Testament? Just curious, I've always wondered about that.

No. We call it the Book of Mormon, because the final book was written by the last Nephite prophet Mormon, who ran from the Lamanites for the last years of his life.

We don't call it the third testament, but consider it another testament of Jesus Christ and His earthly ministry. It tells the story of a people in the Americas.

Hmmm. So.. it kind of/basically is the Third Testament, but you guys just don't.. acknowledge it as such?

I should know this. I really should. I've BEEN to Salt Lake City for the sole purpose of talking to Mormons. ...okay, that's half the truth. I also went to see the Mormon Temple and all of it's surrounding. It... is truly a beautiful place. I especially liked the... oh I forget what it's called. It's a pool that is glassy and you can just sit by it and think and reflect. It's quite nice. Have you ever been there? It's pretty awesome.

And do Mormons consider it to be the end all say all? The "Final" book, as you say? Or are you open to the idea of this kind of thing happening again?

...I think, that I ended up doing too much admiring and not enough conversing with the locals. haha

In John 10:16 Christ says, "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

We believe that the other fold He was talking about included the people in the Americas and those who have already died. We don't rule out that there couldn't be others that He went to visit as well, but we don't have any record of them.

So, no, we don't consider it the "final" book as it were. As far as other records being discovered/given and translated, I don't rule it out, but I doubt it. We believe that the fullness of Christ's gospel is contained in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. If there is any confusion gained or question that cannot be answered in one, the other book will give proper clarity, complementing the other.

We also believe that we have a prophet on the earth today leading the church. Since a prophet can receive revelation and lead the church today, and because the complete doctrine is contained in the Book of Mormon and the Bible, I don't think that other records will be found or given. I'm not going to rule it out though.

I think a big reason we don't call it the Third Testament is because the Old and New Testaments are a record of the Jews (New Testament being a record of converts, mostly Jewish). Calling it the Third Testament might imply that it is a record of the same place/people, which it isn't.

Also, I think that maybe it's because you can say, "Hey, have you heard of the New and Old Testaments? Well here is another testament of Jesus Christ." Hence the subtitle, 'another testament of Jesus Christ.'

Also, numbering them starts to maybe imply levels of importance?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I hate people that force feed you their religion. lol
    Yeah, her comment made had almost nothing to do with the discussion either. Seriously...yes, I understand that we Christians are supposed to be evangelistic and whatnot, but shoving it down other peoples' throats just makes them hate us. ...come on, think things through people.

The only thing that bugs me more is Atheists who get all worked up about people who choose to accept a religion. I accept their right to not believe in any religion, why the f*** do they care if I do?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

That dude definitely had an agenda.

Jessica posts about needing sunblock, I make a funny reference from an internet meme that is meant, obviously, as only humorous. Then this jackass comes along and starts preaching about how we should be stoned because of not believing in what he believes.

RIDICULOUS ON SO MANY LEVELS lol

He's so extreme with his religion that he's actually doing a massive disfavor for it. Pretty selfish, really.