Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mind Tricks! Someone try these out.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Mind Tricks! Someone try these out.

Just stumbled on these and I am curious if they work or not (most notably the rubber hand). So who wants to give them a try? (Neither I nor TBCS can be held responsible for any injuries or altered states of mind from trying these things.)

Source: http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/T...75167_0544.jpg

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Mind Tricks! Someone try these out.

An old man once asked if I've ever felt a dead mans finger. He told me to put my hand out, like giving a high-five. He put his hand against mine and told me to stroke a finger with my index finger and thumb. It's weird!
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    An old man once asked if I've ever felt a dead mans finger. He told me to put my hand out, like giving a high-five. He put his hand against mine and told me to stroke a finger with my index finger and thumb. It's weird!
    I don't think that was a finger, dude.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    That sounds like a scene from Family Guy... lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    ahahahaha I could only laugh.

I'll see if I can try some of these tonight.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

I have been wanting to try the Ganzfeld thing for ages, but my mind is very fragile and i dont know how it would hold up to something like that.
    Have not felt brave enough to give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by HackSore View Post
    I have been wanting to try the Ganzfeld thing for ages, but my mind is very fragile and i dont know how it would hold up to something like that.
    Have not felt brave enough to give it a go!
    I've heard of that before but never knew what it was called. I have ping pong balls on my shopping list... I'll let ya know how it goes...
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    I've heard of that before but never knew what it was called. I have ping pong balls on my shopping list... I'll let ya know how it goes...
    Awesome! cant wait to hear what its like! there are a few videos of people doing it on youtube, but none of them are particularly interesting.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    lmao, I knew that was coming but I couldn't find a way to word it to not sound dirty.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by HackSore View Post
    Awesome! cant wait to hear what its like! there are a few videos of people doing it on youtube, but none of them are particularly interesting.
    Well, after trying the Ganzfeld Procedure, I can say that it does work, but the results are unique to each person that experiences it. The white noise is annoying at first but soon becomes very soothing. It's used to put people to sleep...and it works very well. It reminded me of ocean waves rolling in without a break between waves. I started hearing other water sounds which ultimately led to the visual images I started seeing...waves. They weren't water or even a liquid...in fact, the waves seemed to be in the 'white field' that the ping pong balls created. I would describe them more as ocean swells instead of waves, I suppose, and I was looking straight down at them no matter which direction I looked. That is a pretty odd feeling. I haven't been able to stay awake long enough to experience anything more...it's very, very relaxing.
    If you guys try this, you'll need at least 2 ping pong balls if they have a brand printed on them, as you'd be able to see the printing and the effect would be ruined. Also, be careful cutting those things because they have quite a bit of give to them and are actually a fairly tough material. My thumb stupidly migrated to a place it shouldn't have and got a full hobby knife blade effortlessly stabbed into the tip of it...it learned its lesson! Good thing it was so sharp, as clean slices heal fast.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.