View Poll Results: Is your doctor stupid?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 30.00%
  • nope

14 70.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fed up with doctor's incompetence?

Default Re: Fed up with doctor's incompetence?

No, you have a point on both of those and I was wrong in each. I wouldn't say all government employees are overpaid, but there is a ton of waste. I have friends that work for the government and they told be about days where they would sit around outside doing nothing because they were waiting for paperwork to go through or there was no work to be done. This happens often. The sad thing is that they wish they were working because 8 hours of sitting around takes forever and 8 hours of hard work flies by.

I would expand my concept of overpaid government employees to mean that there are many government jobs that really shouldn't exist. There are too many gov. employees in the first place. We don't need to worry about letting them go either. Just lower the taxes on businesses and those businesses will have plenty of money to hire. It's more complicated than I'm making it out to be. Reducing gov. employees is something that has to be done a little at a time and at a similar pace to reducing taxes or we end up with a lot of people out of work and nobody with money to hire them.

On the car thing. I really do think 99% of the population would have an extremely significant change in lifestyle. While public transportation exists in medium to large cities all over, it only becomes sustainable and competitive with private transportation at 10,000 people per sq mile (Architecture major with urban design focus). Only 19.4 million out of the 312 million people in the US live in cities that dense. That's 6%. Even then, I'm sure a lot of those that drive would have to make big lifestyle changes.

All that aside, the example of auto insurance is just that, an example. It shows that when you have everyone paying into a system that the costs can become affordable, but only because there's competition. The same system run by the government would be horribly expensive or not be as good.

Medicare and Medicaid are already unsustainable. Multiply that out to 100% of the population and we won't have doctors in one generation. There's already a shortage. People just need to lower their expectations a bit. Just because you have a body doesn't mean that you have a right to be healthy indefinitely. You have a right to life, and a right to not have your life ended early. You are not entitled to have your life unnaturally extended no matter what the cost. The breakthroughs we have were paid for by people willing to pay, and were discovered by those that care about making the world a better place and improving the quality of life of those they served. Making money is a side effect of doing what you love and giving others something of value.

Quit looking at it as some sort of moral dilemma or matter of principle. Just look at the money and the results. Private insurance is cheaper and/or provides better results than a nationalized health care system.

I have a moral dilemma when I give 6.25% of my pay check to another person's 'retirement account'. I believe in social security but I don't believe in paying for someone else to retire, but I do. Compulsory health insurance means I must pay for my own health care by law. A nationalized plan means I pay for mine and probably a dozen other people's. I don't even care if the government has plans available, but doctors need the right to deny patients on government insurance just like any other insurance company, and the plans can't be unfair (overly subsidized by taxes, or with too much of the population qualifying) to the private insurance companies in a way that private insurance companies go out of business. The current Obama plan is designed to put private insurance out of business.

Anyway, I'm not trying to get too political here, and I'm not trying to sound anti-government. I just strongly believe that a single payer health care system is a bad answer to the problem. Why put companies out of business and people out of work when you could pass legislature that creates jobs within an existing infrastructure?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Fed up with doctor's incompetence?

I haven't been to the doctor in a good 5 years. Hopefully I won't have to till my autopsy
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440