View Poll Results: Is your doctor stupid?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 30.00%
  • nope

14 70.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with doctor's incompetence?

Default Re: Fed up with doctor's incompetence?

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Are doctors being judged as incompetent by incompetent patients?
    Most likely since most people ARE incompetent.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    So, can we get a little backstory on what led up to this poll?
    This. Given the source of the poll I'm damned curious myself.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Interesting responses, thanks for sharing! And I think some of you saw the point of my query.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Ah, I think I see what you mean. In the computer industry, we call those PEBKAC problems.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    PEBKAC
    /nod
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Ah, I think I see what you mean. In the computer industry, we call those PEBKAC problems.
    It might also be the "ID: 10T" or "Layer 8" error
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

The doctor that I go to now is great. The one I had before was okay, but I had health problems that she couldn't handle. She admitted it, though, so she gets points for admitting I was too rare for her to help.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Insurance isn't a bad concept, but we need to make it compulsory for it to work. Everyone needs to be required to pay in all the time. This would increase competition and drive costs down.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    Owning a car in the US is a choice, but only if you want to have a really limited lifestyle. For 99% of Americans, you have to own a car or you just can't do anything. There's really not a way around it.

There shouldn't be a nationalized health plan. Government employees are all overpaid, and a nationalized health plan would mean having a lot more government employees.

Private business, however, is competitive, which drives down costs quickly. We could get better health care for less money by making health insurance compulsory.

So while I agree that owning a car is a choice and having a body is not, compulsory insurance offers the benefits of a nationalized plan at a lower cost. If you are going to pay for it one way or another, why not have it be cheaper?

The only way I would agree with a nationalized plan is if we did away with OASI 'trust fund' (BS) and replaced it with some plan.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Owning a car in the US is a choice, but only if you want to have a really limited lifestyle. For 99% of Americans, you have to own a car or you just can't do anything. There's really not a way around it.
    It all depends on where you live. In cities and areas with well-developed public transportation systems it is entirely possible to live a full life without owning a car. I will grant that in more rural areas it is very much a necessity, but much more than 1% of the US population lives in areas such that, imo, they could not own a car and their lives probably would not change all that much.

I'm not gonna touch the gov't health care because to be perfectly honest I haven't been following it enough to have an intelligent conversation on the topic. On topics like that which I know I can never actually make a difference in, I prefer to crawl into my 'hippie hole' (as a friend of mine coined), and ignore it.

However,
    Government employees are all overpaid
    That is crap. I will grant that there is a lot of waste in just about all levels of government pretty much anywhere in the world that government is present in any form, but to pull a statement like this just reeks of misinformation. No offence intended. I have known many people throughout my life who were and are government employees, on federal, state, and local levels, and almost all of them were paid like crap. I could go on for pages about why that is the case on different levels, but that would be getting incredibly off topic, so just suffice it to say, ..NO.

ps, there are very few topics that will get a rise out of me, but that is one of them, so sorry if I sound a bit harsh.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV