Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda ATC 200S Freshening Up

Default Re: Honda ATC 200S Freshening Up

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Well, the first step is admitting it. ...the second step, of course, is indulging it.
    Yes good now you can be open with this problem. Don't be shy we all have one.

lol nice looking 3 wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chopp...f#ht_503wt_862

but i think you ought to be able to measure out your rim and just mount two car tires on them rear wheels.

{lol}

Dat's da bling-bling dawg!

The one linked is the same as the turf savers I found. Seems like my best bet is the DOT low-pros I see. They look decent.

Got the chain on, and fixed some connectors.

Tire off for more room.

After getting the chain wedged back on the rear sprocket, I loosened the rear axle bolts, and the adjuster. How it works is two top bolts that act as a hinge, and two bottom bolts that go through slotted holes. So the entire axle can pivot on the top bolts. Then it uses a threaded rod to adjust the tension like anything else.

Then I used a dead blow to knock the rust off, and move the axle forward. That allowed me to get the front sprocket with the chain on. Then, just installed the locking plate.

Then I went to the back and used the adjuster to get proper tension on the chain. After this, I locked it down.

Next, it was a matter of straightening the bent dust cover, and bolting it on.

Tire back on, and It it good to go!

Before calling it a night, I replaced a couple bad wire connectors. Note how one has the connectors going one way, and the other going the other way. This means that in the future, it'll be impossible to put the wires on backwards.

Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Pay dirt! Found some tires. Just did a bunch of random searching on Dennis Kirk, and ran into these Kenda tires. Name is a bit much, but they offer them in my wheel size (8") in a way larger diameter then the low-pro cart tires! The pattern screams motorcycle, too. Should work alright for dirt roads, too.

https://www.denniskirk.com/kenda/rea...prd/653301.sku
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Pay dirt! Found some tires. Just did a bunch of random searching on Dennis Kirk, and ran into these Kenda tires. Name is a bit much, but they offer them in my wheel side (8") in a way larger diameter then the low-pro cart tires! The pattern screams motorcycle, too. Should work alright for dirt roads, too.

https://www.denniskirk.com/kenda/rea...prd/653301.sku

oh wow dude that is a nice find.

You going to do anything with the front forks? whats the I/D of the goose tube?

haha almost looks like you could mount a DH mountain bike front end on it... i'm sure it'd collapse into pieces but it'd look hilarious for awhile.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...5&d=1288840594

and it'd look like a chopper lol.

I wish I could put those on my car.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    oh wow dude that is a nice find.

You going to do anything with the front forks? whats the I/D of the goose tube?

haha almost looks like you could mount a DH mountain bike front end on it... i'm sure it'd collapse into pieces but it'd look hilarious for awhile.

[img]http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113435&d=1288840594[/ig]

and it'd look like a chopper lol.
    That really isn't a bad idea if you could find one of those front ends for cheap. I don't doubt for a second the strength of that fork setup. Considering back in the early days they used motorcycle hubs because it was the only things strong enough, I would imagine that front end to be pretty stout. The weak point is probably the brakes.

As for the ATC. I plan to leave it stock. My 200 has built in shocks, and way more rake then the 185 I'm working on. Not sure about trailing on a ATC setup, but it is going to be a rigid dirt bike with giant tires. How much can I really ask for?

That is a cool bike BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I wish I could put those on my car.
    As long as your car weighs 1200lbs or less fully loaded with a driver, go for it. Just make sure to silver sharpie some DOT marks on them!
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

haha I was just talking about the tread design its awesome.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

ET Streets! Pretty close. Just never drive with them in the rain, and be ready to replace them after less then 20k on them. They hook though! I've seen guys pull the front wheels off the ground on the street with them!

http://www.jegs.com/p/Mickey-Thompso...53925/10002/-1
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

I was busy this evening working on a Saturn VUE, and a Titan Gecko, so no time for this.

I did take a couple minutes to day dream about my 200S. I sat the Sportster tank on the 185, and pondered how it would work. Bad news is the back bone is to big for the tank. Good news is, it still looks cool! Also, if I cut the old tank mounts off the tank, it is the perfect length, and if I use clip on bars, I won't lose any steering.

You may notice as well that the back of the tank matches the frame perfect. The width is just right, and the way that the back of the tank flows down matches the frame. Pretty sweet!

I also made up a basic list of ideas for it. Just the basic features.

-Single-Sided Rigid Conversion (Using DIY4X Hub Kit)
    --Requires either a jack shaft, or a redesigned output shaft sprocket
    --Custom disc brake from Junkyard
    --Few inches added to wheelbase
    -Low Seat (Roughly 4" lower then the current frame hieght)
    -Clip-on Handle Bars (With Red Billet Twist Throttle, and Skate Board Grip Tape)
    -Sportster Gas Tank (Mounted On top of back bone)
    -Kenda "Speed Racer" 22x10-8 tires
    -Snap-on Hard Handle Jockey Shift

Missing a paint design though. I was thinking a black bike, with a couple pieces of red. Red twist throttle, and a red Snap-on screwdriver handle for a shifter. Maybe red for the exhaust pipe. Which will be a slightly larger OD pipe following the down tube, and dumping under the bike.

Maybe a red 666 on the tank to replace the "Almost Heaven" air brushing someone had.

Edit,

The singled sided arm isn't looking good. But I may have found another option. If I used some 2" ID DOM tubing, pressed in some 2" OD DOM, and used 52mm OD bearings, I could easily make a hub that'll work. 52mm=2.047". Close enough that I can hit the inside with a sanding drum to make a nice press fit for the bearings. The ID of the bearings are 25mm, which is 0.984", Close enough that I can turn a shaft down. The total cost will be $87 for bearings, and material, but I'll have a bomb proof hub, that I can easily get replacement bearings for.
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10