Thread: Thermaltake Big Typhoon Not Working Correctly

Fresh Paint

Default Thermaltake Big Typhoon Not Working Correctly

Well first off, after taking two hours to fit this thing, putting on the metal back plate and putting all the mobo back in a medi tower etc. The comp wouldn't start up and I realised the metal back plate was shorting it out, I should of followed my gut instinct and insulated it with the rubber gasket. But what ever turd wrote the instructions never said to do that.

Anyway after getting extremely angry and re doing it all again(in half an hour ) and got my comp up and running I wasn't impressed with the temps I was getting 51C under load on Prime95 with my system at stock settings. And it did vibrate a little at the start, what’s causing this? It can't be right and all the reviews said it was good and rated it a lot cooler then that. Have I not tightened it properly or something? It was quite hard to tighten it considering it’s right on and post and no room to do anything (they should have included the right size spanner). What do you suggest I do?

Cheers
    Sam

Default Re: Thermaltake Big Typhoon Not Working Correctly

im really not sure but if u gimme a link to what board and cpu ur using that be helpfull, as well as maybe a picture of what it looks like in the case. if it vibrates at start its prob cuz the fans not screwed on tight enough and its just doing it at start cuz fans tend to go at high speeds during start up. what thermal compound did u use? if u used what they gave u it was probally crap and that wont help ur temps at all (try artic silver compounds i like em alot). but ya post those pics and i can give u a better guess.

Fresh Paint

Abit AN8 SLi Fatal1ty nForce4 SLi Bios 19
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
    BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC 256MB
    Crucial 2X DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512
    Maxtor SATA 2x 80G Striping
    Akasa Ultra Quiet 460W Paxpower Active PFC ATX2.0 PSU

Can't give pictures now.

i fail to see any reason ur system wouldnt be compatible cuz thats a socket 939 system and thats what the fans compatable with. im assuming ur using artic silver or something to the extent of that. a scenario that i remember off the top of my head as happening before is i installed a fan upside down and the heatsink made it so the system didnt melt, but it was way overheated cuz the heatsink wasnt getting any airflow. it was super easy to fix just a duh kinda mistake that took a lot of thinking to figure out. so check to make sure ur fan is moving air over the heatsink, that would definantly bring the temp down if thats the case. also if the heatsink isnt fastened air tight the heatsink wont draw air well, so make sure its well connected check ur fan and use good paste!