Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: CoolIT Systems ECO Advanced Liquid Cooling system

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Review: CoolIT Systems ECO Advanced Liquid Cooling system

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=513]Review: CoolIT Systems ECO Advanced Liquid Cooling system[/drupal]

By: Shane McAnally

It wasn
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 06-28-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Review: CoolIT Systems ECO Advanced Liquid Cooling system

Good review. It's great to see more companies getting into the watercooling field.

You mention the radiator being aluminum. Is the entire radiator aluminum or just the fins? It's fairly common for watercooling radiators to have copper pipes with aluminum fins, and if that is the case with this one, you don't have to worry about corrosion at all.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

As far as I could find anywhere, the radiator is entirely aluminum, fins tubes and body. I have an e-mail in to CoolIT now to confirm this.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Even the corsair H50 uses Aluminium radiators (that's what they list anyway).

A great review as always. CoolIT have been doing some great things lately. The one thing I don't like about this unit is that the pump/block is quite large and the inlet/outlets are on the side rather then the top.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I've received confirmation from CoolIT, the radiator is entirely aluminum.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Ewww. Oh well, hopefully their anti-corrosive additive works well.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    I've received confirmation from CoolIT, the radiator is entirely aluminum.
    As of yesterday copper costs 3.4x more than aluminum...so I could potentially see why less and less copper is being used. But I don't see copper tubing cutting into their bottom line either... I hope for both CoolIT and their customers' sake that the included coolant is non-corrosive and stable.

I think I'll continue to piece my loops together with parts that are more efficient and tailored to my needs (read: extreme overkill!). This is good for people new to water cooling or on a tight budget though.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    This is good for people new to water cooling or on a tight budget though.
    Yes it is, and I think that's the target market. Its effectiveness can't be argued, and with a 2-year warranty, they obviously expect it to last at least that long.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    I hope for both CoolIT and their customers' sake that the included coolant is non-corrosive and stable.
    Even though I used high end anti corrosive coolant in my loop it took only 3 months for my Swiftech GTX (copper base with alu top) to start to corrode. Either way you look at it mixing the metals will cause issues. These units probably get a slight advantage of being air tight but I don't know how that would help with corrosion.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Fresh Paint

Hi everyone,

Susan here with CoolIT Systems. I've noticed people have some concerns with the possibility of corrosion with the use of aluminum in our radiators.

As many of you have guessed, using aluminum to build our radiators is a function of cost. Of course we would not have gone this route had we found performance levels to drop, and lucky for us difference in performance was incredibly miniscule.

As for corrosion, we have been using aluminum since day one and have NEVER had a corrosion issue because we have been using the same proprietary coolant mixture since day one. We figured out from the beginning how to make sure the metals would not interact and haven’t strayed from the formula. We have systems here that have been sitting for over 4 years with out even a trace of fungal growth or corrosion in the coolant. It's something we are quite happy with.

I just wanted to reassure everyone that this shouldn't be a concern with our products.

Thanks!

Susan LeBlanc
    CoolIT Systems
    susan.leblanc@coolitsystems.com
    www.coolitsystems.com