Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New gen from Nvidia

Default New gen from Nvidia

Hey, sorry just started a new job recently...co-op actually but it's like 10-12 hour days and such and whatever...bottom line is i lost most of my time that i spend looking at computers...i didn't even know about the new gen. of cards coming from nvidia...only knew about the new X1900's. anyways jsut wanted to know what ppl thought about, anyone order one yet? and if anyone has seen any worthwhile reviews/previews of it. other then the basic..3dmark tests and doom 3 and such...already read them. Thanks a bunch yall

Resident Alcoholic

Default Re: New gen from Nvidia

Are you talking about the 7 series? I think one or two people have bought a 7900GTX. I have, but I dont get to try it out for another 3 weeks!!! (Picking it up from my bros house when i go to the states this easter!)
    Unless you can wait 'til then, I cant realy be of any help! Ive had no luck finding any good reviews either, so if anyone finds any give me a shout!
    Peace
    H

Well i've heard alot of people say the 7900gtx is amazing.. especially in SLi. I only actually know one person who has it.. he said it was just rediculous as well. He just has the one card.

The bottom line is the 7900 gtx is about the same price as the 1900xtx and is alot better... from what i hear. I haven't seen any test charts from it but it sounds awesome. I plan on getting a 7900 from newegg soon.

The bottom line is the 7900 gtx is about the same price as the 1900xtx and is alot better... from what i hear.
    All the reviews i've read say otherwise-ihear the 1900xtx is a ludicrously fast card, but after the price of the 1800 dropped after only 2 months by something like 40% no-one trusts ATI anymore with their money. You'd be pissed if your brand spanking top of the line new card was yesterday's tech after a month.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Life is like an analogy...

unfortunately, price drops and obsolete hardware is the name of the graphics game. even more unfortunate is the fact that the 7900's just came out, and in a mere four months they'll be outdone again. you cant win, so i wouldnt necessarily be upset.

in terms of 7900 performance, its impressive to say the least. i dont have one, but i talk to enough people and read enough about hardware that i "effectively" have one.

i cant remember if, or where, i mentioned the 7900 versus x1900 before, but ill say it again for the heck of it. nvidia has the edge in texture and openGL performance, so the 7900's hold strong in games that are texture intensive and/or openGL based. ati has the edge in shading and most general performance aspects, so the x1900's are doing good in shader intensive games, which a lot of the new ones are. overall, the various advantages and disadvantages make both cards about equal. anyone that says either card has a distinct advantage at this point is probably lying. its a classic story... ati makes something to match nvidia, or the other way around.

if you're looking for worthwhile reviews, you can look at this two ways. either they're all worthwhile because they're all reviews of the 7900, or none of them are worthwhile because they're all the same old same old. you wont find anything unique... its a bummer because a lot of reviews are just starting to look the same, and stagnate. its kind of like watching 24 hour news channels where they all just start saying the same thing over and over again. the best review you'll find is if you manage to track down someone who has a 7900.

having said that, someone who has a 7900, post here please.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Resident Alcoholic

Very true about the reviews all being the same. Im sick to death of ****ing 3dmark scores - From what I gather they don't actualy mean anything. I would like to see some sites writing reviews with stuff like comparisons of screenshots of the latest games taken with different cards. I have seen this before but only twice, and never with the latest cards!

When I had to choose between the 7900GTX and the 1900xtx I ended up making the decision purely on how the card would look in the case im about to start work on! The 7900gtx just looked far, far cooler and didnt have one of those stupid graphics on the cooler with some crappy 3d fantasy woman figure or an advertisment for some game or something!

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

It's actually kind of a shame. I sell the new 7900 cards in my online store, and they are quite popular. However, I have never actually used one before.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

:| weird...i feel your pain man...i feel it. What do you have right now? And what store do you have???

Quote Originally Posted by onelegout
    didnt have one of those stupid graphics on the cooler with some crappy 3d fantasy woman figure or an advertisment for some game or something!
    Haha! Very true.

I also like the screenshot tests MUCH better. I like seeing the difference between a screenshot from a game using, for example, a 1900xtx vs a screenshot from the same game using an x800 or something.

Fresh Paint

is the 7900 gt better then the 7800 gtx? just wondering cuz the 7800 gtx cost more than the 7900 gt