Thread: Best/cheapest BFBC2 server hosting?

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Best/cheapest BFBC2 server hosting?

I've been looking around and apparently you can't host your own server on your pc... you have to pay for hosting.

Any one have any leads?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Default Re: Best/cheapest BFBC2 server hosting?

Here are some sites I found:

GameServers

Hypernia

NFO Servers

Art of War Central

Come to think ofi t, servers that I usually join have a logo from either of these websites so they must be somewhat popular.
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

OvRiDe and Myself were discussing this last night. If BC2 would allow private servers we would set one of them up for a few of us. Too bad they locked it down like that.

xfactor has them for .99 a slot. so its just under 16 bucks a month for a 16 person server.

That's month to month... if you order multiple months there are discounts.. up to 20% if you do a year at a time.

https://www.xfactorservers.com/gameservers

If you got 16 people that can chip in 10 bucks.. that would pay for the server for a year.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm looking to start a pistols/knife server but since bfbc2 doesn't allow weapon restrictions I'll have to have moderators (if that's even possible in bc2...) to keep the primary users banned.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Why set up a Pistols/knife server? BC2 is about squads and simply out playing the other squad as best as strategically possible. That would take the fun out of it for guys who have worked hard to rank up and get better weapons.

Same reason there are pistol/knife servers on every other FPS. It's fun. It's almost like turning the game into paintball or something...which would also be awesome if bc2 was moddable.

I dont know about BC2, but in BF2 I remember quite of few people being banned by EA for using pistol/knife servers because its a pretty easy way to statpad and rack up huge scores
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F