Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD-WRT Router

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: DD-WRT Router

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002WB...978069&sr=8-45

can anyone look up whether that one is compatible or not? it seems pretty good for the price from what I can tell. I doubt it is, but can someone also find out if its true N or not?

thanks!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Yup. It's supported. Nice Atheros chipset in there too. It looks like it's got a special extra step though; make sure you check that when you have real internet before you flash it. Also, yes, it is 802.11b/g/n compatible.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I wonder if it will already have it installed and ready to go since its after june now?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002WB...978069&sr=8-45

can anyone look up whether that one is compatible or not? it seems pretty good for the price from what I can tell. I doubt it is, but can someone also find out if its true N or not?

thanks!
    I do believe that it was mentioned in my previous post that it is compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by dd-wrt.com
    Wed, 03/10/2010 - 14:05 — admin

BUFFALO has decided to use DD-WRT as the factory default for its HighPower Routers WZR-HP-G300NH, WHR-HP-G300N and WHR-HP-GN distributed in the US and the EU and should be available in june 2010. The firmware is a full featured DD-WRT with a BUFFALO branded interface and contains some BUFFALO specific features.
    The WHR-HP-G300N was the first router I was going to suggest, but it wasn't under the $50 limit as suggested.

The specs don't list it as draft N, but that really doesn't mean anything. According to several reviews the G300N, currently doesn't support the full 300Mb/s Wireless N using DD-WRT. Several say they reach the 130 mark consistently, and it is hopeful that DD-WRT will support it in the next release.

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I looked it up and it still seems like something that I wouldn't know how to benefit from. Maybe someone could give me some examples of ways?
    well, in my experience with my WRT54G, running the linksys firmware it occasionally freezes and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in. Using the DD-WRT firmware, it pretty much never has any issues. At all. In fact, I don't remember the last time I unplugged it. Probably it was when I installed the new firmware
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

I personaly run a wrt54g with tomato just because i had better functionality over dd-wrt
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I personaly run a wrt54g with tomato just because i had better functionality over dd-wrt
    +1 to this. Although, my poor old Linksys is starting to have random rebooting issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream