Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: really......

Default Re: really......

http://www.mylifeistwilight.com/view/Friends/35352

Found that thread rather hilarious, especially when one says "Im pretty sure you're all to stupid to know history"

wow and this is why every generation after me is going to fail so hard. but unfortunately most kids my age are equally stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Quote Originally Posted by blaze15301 View Post
    wow and this is why every generation after me is going to fail so hard. but unfortunately most kids my age are equally stupid
    Most Americans are stupid...it isn't cool to be a geek! Everyone wants to be cool, therefore, they don't value an education. Everyone gets bored and needs entertainment, so why not watch the latest shallow, physics-bastardizing, explosion-fest that Hollywood has released in order to prevent having any thoughts!? Sparkling vampires? FREAKING SWEET! Self-absorbed, shallow, materialistic characters? We completely identify with them! They're the coolest!
    It gets worse with each generation. Idiocracy is going to be looked back on as a fairly accurate prediction in 50 years...but only by those with the mental capacity to do so.

To the rest of the world: It's too late for us, America could use a good carpet bombing!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Most Americans are stupid...it isn't cool to be a geek! Everyone wants to be cool, therefore, they don't value an education. Everyone gets bored and needs entertainment, so why not watch the latest shallow, physics-bastardizing, explosion-fest that Hollywood has released in order to prevent having any thoughts!? Sparkling vampires? FREAKING SWEET! Self-absorbed, shallow, materialistic characters? We completely identify with them! They're the coolest!
    It gets worse with each generation. Idiocracy is going to be looked back on as a fairly accurate prediction in 50 years...but only by those with the mental capacity to do so.

To the rest of the world: It's too late for us, America could use a good carpet bombing!
    Must.......resist......temptation........nope can't do it.

While I appreciate your candor concerning Hollywood's fascination with stupid things, I don't appreciate the utter disregard for my country. Besides the fact, Im pretty sure this is not the place to have a country bashing session. I believe the original post was pointed directly at the rediculous fanatacism of teenagers(which btw started with a british band called the Beatles). And I think what is making me really want to defend, is the very last sentence. Carpet bomb really? Not cool, not cool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Okele View Post
    Must.......resist......temptation........nope can't do it.

While I appreciate your candor concerning Hollywood's fascination with stupid things, I don't appreciate the utter disregard for my country. Besides the fact, Im pretty sure this is not the place to have a country bashing session. I believe the original post was pointed directly at the rediculous fanatacism of teenagers(which btw started with a british band called the Beatles). And I think what is making me really want to defend, is the very last sentence. Carpet bomb really? Not cool, not cool at all.
    It's my country too. I care for it's future. I'd rather not see the entire country brought to it's knees because the next generation was too busy idolizing vampires on the TV screen to educate themselves...there won't be enough McJobs to go around...

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    It's my country too. I care for it's future. I'd rather not see the entire country brought to it's knees because the next generation was too busy idolizing vampires on the TV screen to educate themselves...there won't be enough McJobs to go around...
    That's what out sourcing is for!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    That's what out sourcing is for!
    Haha! Whether we like it or not.

lol i didn't expect this mini rant to turn into a full on debate like this lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Quote Originally Posted by blaze15301 View Post
    lol i didn't expect this mini rant to turn into a full on debate like this lol
    It's more fun this way.

I believe the original post was pointed directly at the rediculous fanatacism of teenagers(which btw started with a british band called the Beatles).
    Started long before then, and isn't restricted to teenagers. What about Sherlock Holmes, or Jane Austin? Even then, this is only commercial fanaticism. What about sporting fanaticism? We can go back to the invention of the Olympics, or the Coliseum. Religious fanaticism anyone? Fanaticism has been around for a long time, and it hasn't killed us off quite yet.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!