Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craziest Thing Just Happened

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Default Re: Craziest Thing Just Happened

You wanna hear something really weird? I just found out that a guy I used to work with just recently jumped to his death.
    Kind of shocked me too. Guy was intellegent enough, and he was a decent guy, if wound a bit tight.... just weird man.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

That is horrible. I'm sorry.

News Story:

A Framingham man died Friday after he either fell or jumped off a fifth-floor balcony at the Edmands House apartments.

Police did not release the man's name, pending notification of his family.

Police spokesman Lt. Ronald Brandolini said it is not known how the man ended up off the balcony onto the ground, but "no foul play is suspected."

Firefighters discovered the man's body in the parking lot at 15 Edmands Road at 12:06 p.m., the lieutenant said.

The firefighters were stationed near the apartment complex because ongoing construction at the end of the road would block their access in the event of an emergency.

Investigators believe the firefighters found the man right after he hit the ground.

"He was dead at the scene," Brandolini said.

No one witnessed what occurred. The man lived alone in a fifth-floor, one-bedroom apartment, Brandolini said.

Police put up a tent to cover the man's body, and state police crime scene technicians were expected to assist with the investigation.

At the tip of the tent, that balcony right there, is my apartment. The one right there, with the plants and whatnot.

It only took them ~2.5 hours to put the tent up. This picture must have been near the end, as there were ambulances and firetrucks everywhere earlier. The white accord tucked behind the police car is my fiance's vehicle. I park every day in the spot the tent is in.

That's just insane... maybe he was waiting for you to not park there? creepy thought. Sorry about the trauma, man. I would be... well.. speechless if something like that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I've never known someone who committed suicide. I have known people who have made attempts, and people who have died from accidents or illness, but no suicides. I can understand how people can feel like there is nothing left for them and death is their only escape. I've had some tough times in my past, but I came out of it.

I did actually find a body once, years ago. It had to be early 2000s, 02 I think. A coworker and I were on a break and went to check out this van that had been parked at the thrift store where we worked. It had been there a few days, and we discovered a man slumped over the steering wheel. I don't think the authorities ever gave a cause of death. We were seriously spooked by the whole thing. I ended up quitting not long after that (both scheduling conflicts with school and the fact I hated being around the place after that).

Police spokesman Lt. Ronald Brandolini said it is not known how the man ended up off the balcony onto the ground, but "no foul play is suspected."
    That is some piss-poor writing there...

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Well, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

That's really creepy though, I've never seen anyone die with my own eyes...yet.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

That kind of **** smacks you right in the senses.

I used to work at Amoco Production in Denver. One year we had 3 people jump to their deaths. 2 of them landed in the bank drive through next door, the other landed on a car in the parking garage. One of the first 2 actually landed on the hood of a car driven by a young mother with her 2 kids inside. I watched that guy go past the window of the 3rd floor Cafe during break one day. The impact was just out of sight by about 5 feet. Forever shook me up. The other one we saw was preceded by a chair being thrown out the window (they changed the access codes to the roof). We saw the chair go by and jumped up to see if it hit anything as the jumper went by and landed on the pavement right outside the window. I think I was more upset at the lack of consideration of the jumpers for those that loved them or those that had to clean the mess up and even more upset at the guy who landed on the hood of the occupied car.

That was a tough year. The following year I found my self on top of that same roof, selecting MY landing spot (bad times followed by even worse times). I changed that day. Deeply. Funny thing is, I had always thought of suicide as the easy way out, but there I was. Now nothing could make me go through that sort of mindset again. I understand too much the thought process of getting to the jumping point.

Stupicide is never the answer.

It amazes me that the guy in your story actually died. 5 stories is not really that far in the scheme of things. Jumping from that height will usually just break several bones and possibly paralyze you. He must have hit head first to die at the scene. Sorry you had to witness that. It will change you.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

It was definitely a strange situation to be in. The following night wasn't too great either, as I witnessed an African man freak out in the parking lot walk up to a car and beat the hell out of it with a baseball bat, get in his car, peel out and drive away. Two African ladies speaking another language came out and went back in a few times. He came back and they cornered him with their vehicle, then he sped off. After the third time he circled around the building driving recklessly, and the ladies yelling in another language, I decided it was time to call the police. Talked to the police when they came, etc.

Go into the manager's office today and she seems all frustrated that I called. I showed the police specifically the vehicle that was damaged, of which four cruisers saw, yet the police report they gave the manager said they couldn't find the damaged vehicle. So see seemed all frustrated and pissed at me.

WTF, this was a quiet place, never had any issues, except the African guy below us singing folk songs at the top of his lungs at 3AM randomly during the summers.

If the rent goes up I'm looking at a different place. Found one farther away from the college, but its 50% bigger, has a pool, utilities all included as well, for $150 bucks more a month.

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

I had a friend in high school that just not too long ago, hung himself....everyone knew him and i'll bet you he had hundreds of real friends ( we're not talking about facebook). He had problems with his parents and at 18, who hasn't had some sort of scuffle with their parents...anyways...his mom kicked him out and he lived with another friend for a while and after quite a bit of talking to his mom from the other family, he was finally let back in.

He had a fiance and they were together for about 3 years and you could see in his eyes that he'd do anything for her, they were ready to move into this apartment that he was living in.

Well, you know those signs that all the articles say about suicidal people consulting with friends before they committ? He hung out with his girlfriend and then 3 other friends before he hung himself. His mother found him hanging from the apartment garage rafters a few days after he went missing.
    It was a major blow to everyone he knew and kinda puts things into perspective; life is so fragile and that all this drama BS that happens everyday is so futile and means nothing in the end.

(I usually like to leave people to rest and not talk about the deceased but just thought i'd share).
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

When I was like 13 I saw the paramedics putting a body onto a stretcher of a man that had being killed in a climbing accident he must have fallen along way as it was not pretty. Still makes my stomach churn to this day.
    Need a sig