Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TouchME Media Center

Anodized

Default Re: TouchME Media Center

Quote Originally Posted by therantis
    I don't think so. The TV/MPG video playback will be handled by MyTheatre which handles dual output very good.
    That explains it, shall have a look at that.
    I wanted the ability to have the project play music with out the tv on or requiring a mouse or keyboard hence the touch screen.
    Yeah, I know. I have the same thoughts, but I thought I just use a remote and an LCD...
    It's a little overboard I know, but that's what moddings all about right!?

It should be! My hack will come out looking lame in comparison. It'll be fast and dirty, which isn't really modding, but time, om my god were is the time!

thanks for the heads up about MyTheater.
    -.erik
    These go to eleven. -- Nigel, This is Spinal Tap

Fresh Paint

Default Re: TouchME Media Center

Well I'm only 2 weeks into this project and have discovered it's much like home reno's, you drywall, tape, mud, sand, prime, paint all in 2 days and then it take 2 years to put the baseboards back on

But Anyways I have finished the touch ups on the side panels and they fit good. I had to do something with the left side of the case (former bottom) so I have started the process of filling the bottom to sand it flat.

Only the first coat.

But todays big progress has been the feet for TouchME. I wanted to go for the classic Home Theatre Receiver feet (chrome) so here is how I have done it.

Started with a scrape of 1/4 MDF and a 2 1/4" hole saw.

Special note: Cheap hole saw + MDF = LOTS OF SMOKE

Once I had cut the four feet I then created a recess on the bottom of the feet (for black rubber case feet to be attached) using a 1" forsner bit.

After I created the recess on all four feet I then used a counter sink bit on the center hole for the screw that will be used to attach the feet to the case.

I then used some metal repair tape and wrapped the feet with it. As I contemplated the unevenness of the finish I got to thinking that I would preffer a brushed metal look. So I used some 1000 grit to sand the repair tape. This didn't work to well since the tape was so uneven. I then decided to tape down a peice of the repair tape to a flat surface and sand it, I also realized that first sanding with 180 then 1000 turned out better results.

The one on the right is the brushed one.

Well I'm off to bed, just wanted to give my thread a bump since It had fallen a few places in the forum.