Thread: entry for the Novint Falcon Grip Challenge

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default entry for the Novint Falcon Grip Challenge

I was unable to successfully convert the video from my cellphone. The first 3 seconds would keep looping and the audio would continue on. I tried format factory and a few other free converters. The ones that supported .3gp all did the same so it may be my phone.

+

=

The idea behind this is to make the grip more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time. The top button was hard to reach with this design so it was relocated as a thumb button. The original design has click in points that were created by pushing the clay into the screw holes on the original handle but I found it to still be too loose for the novint falcon when it's doing it thing so the grip had to be glued in place. The finger grooves and thumb ramp help keep it tight in hand. Surely a snap on design could be made but I was unable to achieve it with the hardened clay (too brittle). Plastic would surely work, think of the messaging pad for the 360 controller for an idea how it'd be held in place.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Default Re: entry for the Novint Falcon Grip Challenge

Is this considered finished? Also, did you register at Falcon Army? Thanks! This is really good btw. I saw it before and should have commented on it. Thanks!

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

This is the finished mockup. I ran out of funds and in order to complete the grip I'd have to pick up a dremel, soldering iron and tons of different items for creating a mold.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

I included you (and everyone who did anything) in the list of potential winners. I really do like the grip and the simplicity of having a snap on extension to the ball grip. It's a cool and original concept.