Thread: How to get sponsorship for a Mod?

Fresh Paint

Default How to get sponsorship for a Mod?

Hello to you all,
    I am a new register to these forums, but a long time lurker. Just a little background on me before I start out. I am Sr. Tech and CIO for a computer company in Canada. Thruout my life I have been modding one thing or another. Be it model cars, real cars, computers and laptops. I am currently working on Tangerine XP over at Hardforums as well.

I have my next mod all planned out, but I would like to get a particular company to sponsor my mod with a few parts I might not be able to get otherwise. I have never really tried to get a company to sponsor a mod for me, and I was hoping some of you old timers at this could give me a few pointers.

Without giving to much info away I am hoping to get Gateway to donate a few laptop parts for the mod. One of which being a Mobo for a fairly new laptop they are selling. When completed this will be a fairly major mod for a laptop to go thru. Something I have not seen attempted before.

As far as that goes, there are not alot of laptop mods period. Most all just involve repainting the case. But next to nothing that involves changing the layout of the case, the functionality of the laptop, or upgradeing major pieces of hardware.

Thanks,
    Randy

Default Re: How to get sponsorship for a Mod?

hey not sure how you would go about getting sponsorship so i cant help you there sorry. but i would like to say this mod sounds like its going to be awsum cant wait to see what you have come up with

Fresh Paint

Most of the mod has been planned out for a long time. The parts have been sitting here gathering dust. All due to an inability to get a few parts that would ease the whole procedure.

But it will be nice, even if I have to go without the extra parts.

Sponsorshipis one of the hardest things to come by. My friends and I have been trying to get a company to sponsor us for a noncomputer related project for about 6 months and have yet to find one company. I would try looking around and finding a local company, they are usually more likely to give out sponsorships than large chains.

Also welcome to the forums and good luck with your mod.

I would try going along the lines of telling the company you are trying to get to sponsor you there products will be on the top coumputer modding foums in the world ect ect.

Fresh Paint

Well I did my own research on Gateway, and from their very own sponsorship program page, trades of parts for advertising in mods is not something they will do ever. So I gotta keep checking til I find another maker with the same parts.

Afterall Arima makes all these laptops for them anyway