2x3 ddr3 1600 gskill ram 1.5V
    Evga 480 Sc
    Corsair hx1000w
    2 wd 2tb drives (raid 0)
    2 segate 2tb drives (raid 0)
    Corsair 800d
    Corsair H50

Now the problems

First the ram... It randomly changes.. from 2gigs 4gigs and 6gigs.. its always loses the channels in the same order.. slot 1 slot 3 slot 5.. Slot 5 goes frist then 3... I tried takeing the ram out moveing it around but it would randomly screw up.. I even tried reseating the cpu Nope still happens right now Im underclocking the ram to 1066 to see if that helps... who knows tried xcp ect tried overclocking tried adding more voltage to the ram...

Now the other problem.. I rest the bois to defualt settings.. which turns raid off... Then I booted windows and went hmm raids off lets just restart... I turn raid on and now 1 disk has failed in the raids... for both of them... which is a pain because I deleted a bunch of data that I put on them.. (was cleaning up files off other hardrives ect) Anyone know how to recover the raid it sees 1 of the hardrives as a normal disk (non raid) and 1 drive is raided still If I delete the raid then rebuild it it wont work.. if I edit it it wont work this is the second time I had this same problem.. Dam windows 7 ulitlmaite seeing my hardrives...

Default Re: New Build Problems.....

I would assume the ram issue is the mobo. Try different ram in the questionable board and try the questionable ram in a different board. As for the RAID issues, backup the data and rebuild each array.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    I would assume the ram issue is the mobo. Try different ram in the questionable board and try the questionable ram in a different board. As for the RAID issues, backup the data and rebuild each array.
    I dont have ddr3 around to just try in another computer.... I would have to buy another one to do that... its meseed up I can turn it off then 4 gigs then 2 gigs then back to 6 as long as I let it sit long enough I tried setting all the default ram controlls to stock and above still have issuses with it..

To recover the RAID you can try this. I've never used it, but it was the most legit looking free tool I could find in the few minutes I spent looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    I dont have ddr3 around to just try in another computer.... I would have to buy another one to do that... its meseed up I can turn it off then 4 gigs then 2 gigs then back to 6 as long as I let it sit long enough I tried setting all the default ram controlls to stock and above still have issuses with it..
    If you can't test it, then there's not many options to determine what's going on. You can try memtest or, in Windows boot options, use the built in memory diagnostic program. That's all I can think of. If neither turns anything up, then it's probably an issue with the motherboard...which could be a bios issue or a hardware issue.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I second memtest86 or the built-in windows memtest. either works great. I was having RAM issues on an older setup and found out that I had the RAM overclocked and it was giving me the issue. I set it back to stock and no more problems!

Overclocked

Well heres the thing... I randomly get 4 and 2 gigs of ram.. .but if I take only 1 stick out doesnt matter which one it works any slot any stick of ram.. it will then see 4 gigs.. then when I put it back in.... it sees all 6 till it powers down agian and then randomly goes back too 2 or 4 gigs... 2 gigs I turn off turn back on it sees 4 gigs.. then remove a stick agian... and diffrent slot it sees 4 gigs agian turn off put 1 back in bam back to 6 doesnt matter what port or slot it always goes back to 6 gigs if I pull 1 stick and put it back and sometimes it randomly comes back with me just turning the computer off and on...

If it's working fine with 1 stick(any stick, any slot), I would suspect MOBO. Try a BIOS update first, that could be the solution.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Asus has a great BIOS update utility on their site that you can use. I used it for my board and haven't had any problems yet.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

For the RAM I would say it's likely the MBB, especially since it only happens when 3 sticks are in.

For the RAID, how were you doing the RAID? Windows software RAID, MBB integrated controller RAID, etc?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV