Thread: Windows 7 XP Mode questions...

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Windows 7 XP Mode questions...

I just upgraded a customers PC from XP to 7, and cannot find a driver for her scanner, a Mustek A3 USB (That is the full product name, honest). I was thinking about installing XP Mode and an XP driver but I'm not sure it'll work. Does XP mode need hardward to be installed in 7 so it can actually see it, or does it actually get direct hardware access.

The alternative, of course, is to hunt the net and find a driver which will work but I'm stupidly busy right now and don't have the time to search, find something, then go to the client, try it, then go away again and start over if it doesn't work lol

I did find a Vista driver for it but no luck

Hellllp :p

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Default Re: Windows 7 XP Mode questions...

As far as I can see there are no official win 7 drivers for that scanner and it doesn't seem to be supported by win 7 at all. Here's a link to win 7's compatible hardware page. You could always try this though.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Windows 7 XP Mode questions...

I have a driver which MIGHT work so I'll try that. I just have the feeling that, unless Win7 can see the scanner properly, XP mode wont be able to use the scanner irrespective of the availability of an XP driver. I think having the pc Dual-boot JUST to use the scanner is a little much to ask them...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey