Thread: Xion Solaris Simple Case mod

Fresh Paint

Default Xion Solaris Simple Case mod

I bought the Xion Solaris Case from newegg, cause it already had green fans and LEDs inside the front panel, and it was a more convenient case for my room, my old case had a door to get to the disk drives and power button and i hated it... but yea, the case was cool and all but it just didnt have enough oomf for me.

Here is a pic of the finished case full body
    I cut out the cheesy X design from the side panel and saved it for scrap metal

along with all my other hardware inside i replaced the front LED fan with a new Apeiva 80mm green led fan, and then installed 2 8 inch green cold cathode light bars on the top and bottom behind the case door for some extra light, which i can turn on or off with a nice switch in the back of the case.

as well i sleeved some of my cables but by the time i wasted all the largest cable sleeve i remembered i wanted to buy a new PSU... so i stopped

I love the look of Top exhausts and this case didnt come with one, so i broke out the dremel and cut a 80mm hole on the top of the case, and remember that Cheesy X design on the stock case, well i cut out the center circle part of that and used it as a vent cover

I also installed 2 Nice steel Handles to carry the case from place to place

Heres an angle from the front of the case, with my awesome NZXT touch screen fan controller and temp monitor

Now that i have my dream case, i have a Brand new GALAXY Nvidia GTX 460 OC coming in the mail, along with a new Arctic Cooling Ceramic Heatsink, and an actual Fan grill for the side window fan (right now its just a chunk of plexi from my old cases window i cut out of it)

Well thats my Case, hope you guys like it constructive criticism is welcome as well as other cool ideas
    Windows 7 64bit
    Nvidia 9800GT (soon to be Nvidia GTX 460)
    4 Gigs RAM (upgrading to 8 ASAP)
    500 Gig Seagate 7800RPM Hard Drive
    AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 3.00GHz

Default Re: Xion Solaris Simple Case mod

looks very green! lol. I like it a lot. nice clean work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by VashUndead View Post
    DON'T THINK WE DON'T SEE THAT SCRATCH!

Haha, just kidding. Looks much nicer without the stupid x-thing on the side. The handle-like things are pretty cool too .

Fresh Paint

XD yea i kinda slipped with the Drill on that one, and just havent gotten around to painting over it yet, probebly wont untill i do another overhaul on the case lol

thanks for the comments
    Windows 7 64bit
    Nvidia 9800GT (soon to be Nvidia GTX 460)
    4 Gigs RAM (upgrading to 8 ASAP)
    500 Gig Seagate 7800RPM Hard Drive
    AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 3.00GHz