Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win7 ISO software

Default Re: Win7 ISO software

As I understand it, Daemon Tools carries SaveNow and WhenU adware/spyware payloads. The normal version presents the user with the option to disable these components during install, but once the trial period expires the user must choose to uninstall Daemon Tools, pay for the software, or accept the adware (along with some arbitrary limitations built into Daemon Tools). An alternative is to use Daemon Tools Lite, a less capable version which automatically installs SaveNow and WhenU (no option to disable) and will intermittently attempt to force install the Daemon Toolbar (which carries its own malware problems), but is available as unlimited-duration freeware.

Using malware-killers is largely ineffective; Daemon simply will not operate when the adware is circumvented or prevented from successfully running. Worse, the adware itself will intermittently attempt to (siliently) install more affiliated malware after a while, some of which can be quite aggressive and undesirable.

Older (clean) versions of Daemon Tools, which can be found here, could be used but aren't as compatible and well-supported as recent versions.

As fine a product as Daemon Tools might be, and as much as I support software authors being able to make a living from their craft, I'm still personally inclined to take a dim view of any software author/company that attempts to extort or make a few bucks from the end-user using malware methods. Malware is as vile as herpes, I don't want any part of it and will simply steer clear of any software which appears unhygienic or infected. Sorry, but if the developers want my respect then they'd better clean up their act. There's plenty of free alternatives, and there's plenty of commercial alternatives which appear to offer similar or superior capabilities for much the same price.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

If you're feeling like coughing up some cash I can recommend PowerISO warmly. Never had a problem with it and it does everything you'd ever want to do with an ISO and more.

I just looked up their website and it's $29.95
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

PowerISO looks promising.

So far ImgBurn (along with Nero and WinRAR) fits my needs well. One day I'll experiment with MagicISO, UltraISO, and PowerISO to see if I'm currently missing out on capabilities worth spending money on.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

It's for Linux, but Brasero is VERY nice.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta