Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Liquid Cool Project

Default First Liquid Cool Project

I am going to start with a teaser post but here are my idle temps with crap TIM and no overclocking but I think there is plenty of room to go up from here

Hardware monitor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
    Temperature 0 24°C (74°F) [0xCF] (Core #0)
    Temperature 1 11°C (52°F) [0x9D] (Core #1)
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: First Liquid Cool Project

I'm thinking either you have this system in a refrigerator or there is something wrong with your readings on core #1. What's the ambient temp where the system is?
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

ambient in the room is probably somewhere around 70 but two coolant lines and the rad are right above the ac vent which hasnt stopped running all day
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    ambient in the room is probably somewhere around 70 but two coolant lines and the rad are right above the ac vent which hasnt stopped running all day
    That would explain it then. You're using phase change!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I said i was cheating on air cooling anyway, my rear case fan was pulling in from the ac vent and out the front, I expect my temps to go to hell once we start running the heat. AC is off for the night and core 1 has come up a bit but I think the biggest challenge is definitely going to be the gpu if i cant find a water block for it

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Pics!

Everything is temporary right now as I may be splurging on some umm new stuff that will remain a surprise, so thats why the wire mess and all the extra tubing.

Just A quick update and a question, I have ordered sata cables, fan extensions, power adapters for my hdds to recess them further into the cage. Now the question I plan on having green cathodes at the top and bottom as well as uv cathodes to really make the loop glow. One set will be hooked to the inverter the other will be hooked up to my fan controller which is sound reactive or full on. Which set do you think would be better hooked up to sound reactive?

Goodies in the mail from performance pcs

Cable mess being fixed

Cables mess cleaned up as well as possible

and finally since I cant find the case I wanted to surprise everybody with, rebuilt and shortened loop:

Minor update gfx card is getting almost hot enough to boil water, so i stripped it down cleaned the gpu as well as the heat sink and it brought it down about 20 degrees but still not extremely happy with the temps... what are your temps air or liquid.