Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Liquid Cool Project

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: First Liquid Cool Project

For GPU? My GTX260 on stock air would sit in the upper 50's on idle, then under load would hit the mid-to-upper 70's. Never broke 80 though, that was my NB's job...BSOD every time it topped 80.

My pre-RMA GTX260 under water would idle at 33-34C, and then max out at 35-36C under load. I haven't gotten the new GTX260 under water yet (see Zeus' worklog to find out why), but I expect it'll probably run a C or two hotter since it has, what, 24 more stream processors?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    For GPU? My GTX260 on stock air would sit in the upper 50's on idle, then under load would hit the mid-to-upper 70's. Never broke 80 though, that was my NB's job...BSOD every time it topped 80.

My pre-RMA GTX260 under water would idle at 33-34C, and then max out at 35-36C under load. I haven't gotten the new GTX260 under water yet (see Zeus' worklog to find out why), but I expect it'll probably run a C or two hotter since it has, what, 24 more stream processors?
    See thats my issue right now I am idling at 54-60 and thats after cleaning and reapplying arctic silver 5. I don't want to run water if I don't have to because that means taking out the larkooler that is running flawlessly or running two loops and my case isnt really big enough for that. So I am at a rock and a hard place, although I guess I could always take the larkooler out build a bigger loop and liquid cool my server...
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

I wouldn't worry if your GPU is that high; they just run hot, not much you can do about that. Though, because of that they're stable to a lot higher temps too.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I wouldn't worry if your GPU is that high; they just run hot, not much you can do about that. Though, because of that they're stable to a lot higher temps too.
    Well I am getting some stutter in my video when its spiking (up to 199 Fahrenheit Friday)
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Hmm, ok, yeah, if it's hitting the 90's (or even the 80's), that may be cause for concern...One thing you could do, the rad from the Larkooler set that you have should be enough for both your CPU and GPU, so you could just get a block for your GPU and patch it into the loop.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Will I have flow issues with going from .5" barbs and adapting down to .25" tubing though?

You can get 1/4" fittings for whatever waterblock you get, and no, it won't cause problems. I would recommend to get actual 1/4" fittings instead of doing 1/2" fittings and adapters, but either one will work.
    --Benjamin Franklin

You can get 1/4" fittings for whatever waterblock you get, and no, it won't cause problems. I would recommend to get actual 1/4" fittings instead of doing 1/2" fittings and adapters, but either one will work.
    Okay I am looking at two blocks the mcw-360 the boy 4rm is selling comes with 1/4" barbs but i would have to get ramsinks. The other block I am looking out is ridiculous in price and comes with 1/2 that are not changeable. Which way would you guys go I am leaning towards the the 360 if I can source the pads and ramsinks.

New bios fixed audio issues, and clocked from 2.1 to 2.6 stable and no temp change.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    New bios fixed audio issues, and clocked from 2.1 to 2.6 stable and no temp change.
    Scratch that audio went back to sh.. rolling back drivers.