Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Liquid Cool Project

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: First Liquid Cool Project

I have two cards in my system now, one with a full-coverage and one with a universal (ok, actually it's a NB block, whatever, it fit ), and while the full-coverage is nice, I wouldn't pay the premium that I did for it again unless it's a really high-end card.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

2.8 almost 2.9 stable
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Okay I am just going to up and ruin the surprise... against my wife's wishes and probably a night on the couch I was looking at a new case the only problem is I am not sure i can fit the rad in the top where I want to. So this is a plea to anyone with access to a micro center to go check out the Rosewill Destroyer and see if its feasible to put a 2x120 rad in the top before I order sight unseen.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Sorry, Microcenter doesn't stock Rosewill stuff (Rosewill is Newegg's house brand), so I can't physically check it, but looking at the pictures on Newegg, the Antec 902 Rosewill Destroyer looks like it has dual 120mm fans on the top, so the surface area is there, but there is not enough clearance between the top of the case and the top edge of the MBB to fit in, well, anything. You could definitely put the rad on top of the case though, or do like I did in Zeus and put it in the front drive bays.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Sorry, Microcenter doesn't stock Rosewill stuff (Rosewill is Newegg's house brand), so I can't physically check it, but looking at the pictures on Newegg, the Antec 902 Rosewill Destroyer looks like it has dual 120mm fans on the top, so the surface area is there, but there is not enough clearance between the top of the case and the top edge of the MBB to fit in, well, anything. You could definitely put the rad on top of the case though, or do like I did in Zeus and put it in the front drive bays.
    I thought sure I saw it on micro centers site on a clearance deal... oh well.. I bet I can still make it work.. would hate to downsize to 90 mm fans with funnels though but it would make... zomg.. great idea... wish i could use google sketch up worth a (expletive I almost posted.) Oh well I will ruin it... something along these lines with an adapter to run 92 or 80 mill fans for mobo clearance and directly ported to the side panel.

Not to push my idea too hard or anything, but how many of the 5.25" bays are you planning on using? A 120mm rad width is almost perfect for fitting into those bays, and if you have enough free it can just sit in there with some L-channel and maintain the 120mm fans.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Not to push my idea too hard or anything, but how many of the 5.25" bays are you planning on using? A 120mm rad width is almost perfect for fitting into those bays, and if you have enough free it can just sit in there with some L-channel and maintain the 120mm fans.
    If I did that I wouldn't need a new case lol.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

pick up the NZXT Tempest EVO There's room in the top under the 2 140mm exhaust fans for 2x120 raddy

Ok so two votes for the tempest... can all that ugly blue lighting be fixed without junking the case lol.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

the side panel and both front panel fans are blue LED so you can swap those for whatever you want, they're standard 120mm fans. the 2 front strips are lit via a 3mm led, but you can leave it unplugged or change it to whatever color you want. check out my tempest sxr build and you'll see how I changed the front strip lights to RGB LEDs, but you can put whatever you want in it (or just leave it unplugged)