Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TBCS Folding Team

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Official TBCS Folding Team

I know I keep posting achievements and milestones, but here's one more for ya's...

Yesterday we set a new team ppd record (which I don't expect will stand long the way you guys are going).

April 21st - 175,141 points in 24 hours - to put that in perspective, that score is higher than the average 24 hour production of all but the top 114 teams....

We're also well on target to break the top 1200 by the end of the month - 12am on 28th as it stands right now but I have a feeling that'll improve too....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

1337! Woot!

So, Trace, are you going to ever edit the first post?
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

What's sad is if that I could marshal all my PCs, I might could equal the PPD of the team. That would require better internet than I have. I may, however, try it just once to boost us. I'll look into it.

For the record:

1 dohexacore server setup
    1 i7-860@4.2GHz
    1 1090T@4.3GHz
    1 1090T@4.1GHz
    1 720BE@3.8GHz
    and if I play my cards right, a few Sandybridge setups on loan. All systems between 4-8GB of RAM, and all with gaming cards, which would mean GPU folding too.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

damn it the last 10 wu i was doing . all fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    What's sad is if that I could marshal all my PCs, I might could equal the PPD of the team. That would require better internet than I have. I may, however, try it just once to boost us. I'll look into it.

For the record:

1 dohexacore server setup
    1 i7-860@4.2GHz
    1 1090T@4.3GHz
    1 1090T@4.1GHz
    1 720BE@3.8GHz
    and if I play my cards right, a few Sandybridge setups on loan. All systems between 4-8GB of RAM, and all with gaming cards, which would mean GPU folding too.
    Hell anything would help, even if your net connection is only up to running one or two systems - course if it isn't, there's not a lot you can do about it obviously....

System Disk Crash in the 980x rig. This HDD was practically brand new, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

I added my GTX280 to the team last night. It was late and trying to get the CPU and GPU working together wasn't working for me. When I get more time I will try and figure it out.

The gpu would run, but the cpu would run for a bit then every 15 seconds drop down to less than 1 iteration per second until you clicked on the display. Then it would refresh and bump way back up. IDK. I'll look into it later, but the GTX280 seems to be humming right along. Never hits more than 60C while gaming in my current case (antec 300), but running this hits ~80c. Doesn't seem to be wanting to turn up the fan, maybe hasn't hit the temp threshold yet. Can't be bothered right now to go and use rivatuner or evga precision. If it croaks it croaks.

Just found out last night while looking up information about my father that my grandfather had died (same name, me as well). When I moved away I lost contact with people, everyone moved everywhere. No one told me he had died almost a year ago. Took it pretty hard, but for whatever reason one of the first things I did was go and download this. Maybe it will help someone else, idk.

Condolences regarding your grandfather. News like that is never easy to take - but it can be even harder when it happened so long ago because you get the double hit of feeling pain at the loss, as well as guilt at not being in touch.

As for the folding - the GPU3 client does use a chunk of CPU power too - if you're on a single core CPU you're probably best off just GPU folding - if you have a multicore CPU, try digging into the settings and see if you can set it to only use all but one of the cores for SMP or CPU folding. You can also change a setting to make the CPU folding less of a background thing - as standard it's pretty much set up to only fold on the CPU when it's doing next to nothing else so the GPU calling for CPU cycles may well knock your CPU folding way down if you don't play around with the settings some...

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

So, I finally enabled SMP on my 1055T on 4 of the cores (saving 1 for the GPU folding and 1 for anything else running) last week. So far, that has added ~4.5-5K PPD to the ~10K PPD my GTX 460 was doing.

Also, I'm putting together a (mostly) dedicated Folding machine using spare parts and some parts I bought from Fuganater. The specs are below; how many PPD can I expect from it?

Mobo: XFX nForce 680i LT Socket 775
    CPU: Intel Pentium D 915 @ 2.4GHz (hoping to replace soon with Q6600)
    RAM: G.Skill 4 x 1GB DDR2 800 @ 5-5-5-15
    GPU's: 2 x EVGA 9800GT 512MB Akimbo Edition
    1 x EVGA 8800GT 512 MB

EDIT: My sympathy and prayers go out to you, Nightrainsrt4. Losing family is always hard.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

if anyone is gonna build a folding farm they should pick up a few of these, $27 each after MIR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500129
    Not dead yet