Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TBCS Folding Team

Default Re: Official TBCS Folding Team

Cool. I'll keep an eye on it.

I've got an X48-DS4 coming in, along with a new set of 2x2GB ram, and a cooler to run until I finish one of these mods and can get the watercooling back up. That should help me get the cpu running a bit faster and leave another spot for an 8800GTS. Not the 20/30/40k of a 2600k rig, but far cheaper and should keep me going for a bit. On the plus side this will let me put my board in the fiance's rig, which means her e6300 will hit 2.8ghz easy on the ram I currently have. Win-win for the both of us, and my brother or cousin will get the other motherboard.

wow this guy produces 6 million points in one day!!
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=551390
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

Quote Originally Posted by pcclan View Post
    wow this guy produces 6 million points in one day!!
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=551390
    Actually, his average is 6 million a day. There were seveal days where he didn't fold at all...which brought down the average. He has produced over 15 million points in one day! That is an achievement!
    Maybe a large render farm or an actual supercomputer...
    The cool thing about the Tracker is that it pauses for 'games'. But the game list is just a text file with the *name*.exe in a list. You can add any program to the list that you want. So it could be idling silently in the background while projects are being computed and any downtime is automatically turned into folding time which pauses again when the next job starts.
    I want a render farm.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Folding itself is a super-low priority program.

So, unless the program is also a SLP program, it has more CPU authority than folding.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Can someone update the first post with links and info on getting started? I think we might get some more people if we didn't have to hunt through this thread for info.

I'm going to try and get signed up soon when I'm at home. I'm in the process of getting a Dell PowerEdge up and running and I'll be sure to have it running on there.

*Edit:
    We should also find out how to get rid of these other 2 TBCS teams... lol
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=175600
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=155539

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I looked into getting rid of, or merging teams and it just isn't done - we have no other option, at this time, than to let them fall into obscurity.

As for getting things a little more organised - that's something I'm working on at the moment. I'm trying to get us a seperate forum section for the folding team so we can have different threads for tips, links, suggestions, questions etc - this thread is now almost 500 posts long so yeah, a way to break it up some would be good...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Sounds good.

May I be the unofficial member who keeps track of people's CPUs/GPUs and update them?
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Well lets see if we get something a little more formal organised first, but I don't see why not

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looks like everything except the 24-hr average is good now. I'm guessing the overtakes are estimated by the 24-hr average as well, though, so those are probably also wonky...according to that, Trace won't pass me for another month...and I rather doubt it'll take that long. The only question is which one of us three will hit 1,000,000 points first.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I'm kinda confuzzled - I'm folding on the PC I built for a client (as a thorough burn in of course) and it's a 2600k o/c to 4.0Ghz - the PPD claims to be around 23k BUT in 2 hours it's only gotten 48% of the way thru a 552 point WU...

Now I know I'm one of the older guys here but I don't think math has changed that much since I was at school.... Assuming 4 hours for a WU - that's 6 WU per day - how the hell does 6x552 come to 23,000????