Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TBCS Folding Team

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Official TBCS Folding Team

The remote desktop thing is easily explained (if you're interested) - Windows uses a virtual video device driver for remote desktop connections and disables the current video adapter for the duration of the RDP session - technically, for the length of your RDP session, there IS no Folding capable GPU installed (software wise) in your system.

I wish I knew so specifically what the problem was here tho lol but that's usually the way of things - when someone else has a problem, I can solve it - but when I have one myself, it'll be a PITA.

Having said that, that's probably a psychological thing though - when I come across a minor fixable issue on one of my systems, I just fix it and dont think about it - its the ones that are a pain which stick in my mind.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

pcclan - you appear to have a duplicate folding account lol - you have a new entry in our results under pccla_n

damn it..... i think i fixed it
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

lol Pc, you know just because you've got duplicate folding accounts doesn't give you more of a chance at winning the prize
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by 985323 View Post
    lol Pc, you know just because you've got duplicate folding accounts doesn't give you more of a chance at winning the prize
    ... i kinda screwed up when i was entering my name in to my brothers computer which is running a gtx 570 for me and getting 14,000 ppd
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

Don't be too worried - there have only been 2 workunits for a total of 2696 points so if you got it set up right now, you haven't lost much

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Why is it that laptops have a hard time folding? I just got my new laptop with a 555M 3Gb GPU and it only did 1 WU last night...
    honestly, I am getting about 2500 ppd (according to my gpu tracker) on my 4870 1gb and about 1600 ppd (again, according to my tracker on my system) on my intel c2d t6500 laptop, haha. my x2 4200+ was getting around 500-750 ppd. yeah... my laptop is doing just fine considering what I am folding with. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

OK so after a couple days fighting with this I KINDA got it working again. My 4870 is back and behaving normally, knocking out between 1200 and 2200ppd - the GTS450 however isn't being as good - it flatly refuses to run GPU3 WUs and is currently producing in GPU2 mode at a lower rate than the ATI (around 1100ppd) and the CPU is chugging along in SMP mode but it seems to be going VERY slowly about it but that may be down to me doing a stack of stuff on the PC at the moment. I guess tonights overnights will make a little more sense....

Scrap that - still having more probs lol - the CPU SMP folding has now died a death so I'm getting a TOTAL of about 3500ppd from both Video cards running 24/7. At this point I'm thinking about putting the GTS250 into my sons PC when I do a case review this week and just running that for a bit - at least I SHOULD be able to get back to the 8k ppd from that card....
    Last edited by slaveofconvention; 05-09-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Anyone folding on their PS3? I was just reading about it and it seems like an easy way to get some WUs done.