Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TBCS Folding Team

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Official TBCS Folding Team

I've got it running on my CPU, but at most it's only using 30%, is that normal?

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

if you use that software I'm using, above, then in settings you can tell it to treat is as something else and it'll work - i THINK the ATI R700 is the setting you need

As for the CPU thing - it runs as a background thing so will only max out when you arent doing anything - course if you're multi-core and only using the single core client - that'll have an effect too - you can try the SMP client if you're multicore - much higher results

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    if you use that software I'm using, above, then in settings you can tell it to treat is as something else and it'll work - i THINK the ATI R700 is the setting you need

As for the CPU thing - it runs as a background thing so will only max out when you arent doing anything - course if you're multi-core and only using the single core client - that'll have an effect too - you can try the SMP client if you're multicore - much higher results
    I downloaded the FAH tracker, and set it to ATi R800 as suggested, and it's now maxing out my Q6600 @ 100% on all 4, and my 6870 is anywhere between 60% and 90% according to CCC

Well that should churn out a good few thousand points - maybe more - welcome to the addiction heh

By the way, I've also read that the GPU client makes use of the CPU as well - you might want to consider locking the SMP client into 3 cores only - it may help push the GPU results higher - more so than you'll lose on the CPU

well my GPU is at 26% right now, with PPD at 3294. I OC'd my card from 900/1050 to 975/1135 as well. Stock speed it was sitting at ~2900PPD, so the OC gave it a nice bump. The CPU is still at 1%, but hasn't given a PPD for it yet.

On the plus side, my CPU has been going for some time now at 100%, and my corsair H50 (with push-pull setup) hasn't let it get over 44ºC on any cores. The 4 range from 39º to 44º My 6870 OC'd is running between 70% and 90% load, hasn't gone over 72ºC and 31% (quiet) fan speed If I manually set the fan to 50% (LOUD) it keeps the GPU around 65ºC, but it's too loud seeing how I'm also doing schoolwork on my computer as well lol

Actually, you might consider downloading the seperate CPU client - idn why but I had much better results with it running standalone than with it being run by the GPU thing....

If you leave it on overnight, you'll get even better PPD overall purely because there won't be any other apps taking up cycles heh

This GTS450 is tearing along - now I'm trying to figure out how to afford another one lol - but don't tell the wife

back at college, however, i just disocvered that i was folding for team 151093, dont ask how i got there... but they got less than a point... so i think its okay. desktop is gonna be rolling in 5503 per day or so

edit, laptop started running with the 335m, bump me up to 9000 per day or so
    Not dead yet

At the rate we're going, I seriously think we'll hit that first 6000 target within 3-4days - even sooner if we get a few more people on board - let's face it - we have some serious hardware spread around the members of this forum...

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Got it on my Kubuntu-based laptop, folding without a hitch, and with a warmer lap.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

as of right now my computer says 4983 PPD. 1724 CPU/3258 GPU. CPU holding steady at 40-16ºC, GPU steady at 72ºC