Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: stuck processor

Default Re: stuck processor

Good point, x88x. Duh.

In my part of Canada (that is, quite possibly the warmest part of Canada) AC just isn't standard issue because most people only need it about 1-4 weeks per year, if at all. Our homes use heaters.

I have seen a couple guys at LANs who've modded their cases so that their intake fans are attached to a length of that flexible "slinky" tube stuff (like from dryer exhaust vents) ... they string it out the nearest window. I've actually talked with guys about ideal ways to temporarily attach a flat radiator (in a liquid-cooled system, probably) to a glass window pane; haven't seen anyone do it yet.

Understand that some of the dense LAN gigs can get pretty hot and stuffy inside (due to lack of building AC, lol).
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

well, exotic coolers aside, the ALC works pretty dang well. NOw the temps stay around 32 degrees without a load. I'll get some load temps next week when I get my new copy of Oblivion(Broke my last one >__<)

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

well the TIM also needs time and heat cycles to set up properly as well. once it sets your temps drop