Thread: Not sure what's going on.

Default Not sure what's going on.

My computer is an HP Pavillion a1677c AMD dual core. I've had it about 5-6 years. About 2 months ago the video card died so I've been using the onboard video. However since then it ties up the internet and network connection without any thing running. I've run Avast, Spybot S&D, MalwareByte and nothing shows up. It doesn't do it all the time and restarting the computer solves it for awhile. When it does act up the send light on the cable modem is steady on. I've checked connection on everything multiple times and reset the bios. Any ideas on what is causing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Not sure what's going on.

Check the automatic update settings for your various programs you have installed; sounds like one might be quietly downloading updates and not telling you. If that doesn't turn up anything, one time when it's doing it, run netstat and post the output. If there are any connections you don't recognize or look suspicious, that'll give a good starting point.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

You can open task manager and start killing the programs (ones that say they were opened by your username)until your bandwidth usage drops off.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Thanks for trying to help guys. I've got my system down to 25 processes according to task manager. It would show 2-7% CPU usage but not show anything using the network connection. Netstat didn't show anything either so..... Backed up HD and flushed and re-installed and problem gone. I was just concerned that maybe something on the MB was going bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field