Thread: dual monitor set up!

Default dual monitor set up!

so i just go ta sam sung sync master 920 wm 19 inch wide screen to go with my samsung syncmaster 930a full screen. and right now i have them side by side the full screen as my primary. im trying to figure out what software to use for the dual monitors. this is all very new to me. can i play games on both of them at once. any help is greatly appreciated. i have a 4870 btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: dual monitor set up!

So, to clarify, you're running three monitors, one non-widescreen in the middle as your primary, with a widescreen on each side, yes? What are you wanting to do with the monitors that you're looking for software for? With the exception of a couple games (X2 is the only one I know of off the top of my head), without using some exotic software witchcraft, you cannot game on multiple monitors using a 4870.

EDIT:
    Actually, come to think of it, the 4870 only has 2 outputs so I think I misunderstood your explanation of your monitors.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Windows & the Catalyst control centre is all you need to use the second monitor to extend your desktop. As x88x said, there are very few games which will make use of the second monitor. I personally run a 4870 on my desktop with 2 monitors attached but I've just added a 4350 which I'm going to use for the second and third monitors so the 4870 is only powering the one main screen

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

oh well i thought i needed some mumbo jumbo magic software to do it. well thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide