Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fallout New Vegas

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Fallout New Vegas

That's actually exactly the problems I was having. I was just talking to a friend at work about it and he also mentioned that there was a known bug that would do what I was seeing. I'll try that fix when I get home tonight, hopefully it'll work...I'm not particularly looking forward to shelling out a bunch of money on another GPU if I don't need to.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I still get the random dips / stutter of about 30%, but that is when the engine is loading a new region, and has occurred with all gamebryo engine games that I have played. Did it with Oblivion, FO3, etc.

This though was entirely different and almost made the game unplayable. Just huge lags and stutters just by turning around, moving, vats, looking at npc's etc.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!! I just installed the game and up comes Steam! I have to play via the internet? WTF!!

If I can't just play this on my system w/o the internet then to hell with this game!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

This why we have offline mode.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I can't figure Steam out. It says I can play without Steam once I've done the initial setup and verification, but when I open the game it launches a Steam window. How do I install it on my system? I want a dedicated icon, not a Steam launcher
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

i had the same thing happen when i installed l4d2, 3 days later a notification poped up and said that l4d2 had finished installing, then it magically worked.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    I can't figure Steam out. It says I can play without Steam once I've done the initial setup and verification, but when I open the game it launches a Steam window. How do I install it on my system? I want a dedicated icon, not a Steam launcher
    Steam acts as the DRM for the game, so during install it has to be running to verify..whatever it verifies..and when you want to run the game, it has to be running for the same reason. I'm guessing what happened is that Steam was not running when you tried to start the game after installation, so it opened a login prompt to start the Steam client? Personally, I just leave the client running on my computer all the time. It doesn't take up enough resources that it's bother bothering with. Also, if you want to play your Steam games without an internet connection, before you disconnect from the internet, open the Steam client, select the 'Steam' menu (top left corner), and select 'Go Offline'. Set like that it lets you do anything you would normally, but without connecting to the internet.

Think about it this way...would you rather have SecuROM or Steam?
    --Benjamin Franklin

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    I still need to play the original. Probably will wait til I have some hardware to do it justice (course i could just go with the 360) but I really REALLY wanna play this game.
    The Original ROCKS on PC Man

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Scope_99 View Post
    The Original ROCKS on PC Man
    Are we talking about the original original (Fallout) or Fallout 3?
    --Benjamin Franklin

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Are we talking about the original original (Fallout) or Fallout 3?
    Yes.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”