Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to fix minor errors from grinding and cutting metal

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: how to fix minor errors from grinding and cutting metal

hey, we were the ones wasting time, but it was hopefully for a good cause... or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

yes i believe so. eventually someone will happen accross this post and find exactly what they are looing for.
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Rankenphile

Who said that time was a waste? We got a highly entertaining and educational thread out of the deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal23
    sorry :-( didnt want to waste anyones time. i just figured that you guys were too busy argueing with eachother to help me with my questions. i appreciate the effort you guys went through to find out what metal is more dense. this was very interesting information.
    Not at all, you didn't waste anyone's time. You asked a great question which got people so interested that this whole thread resulted. And there's nothing wrong with a healthy debate, everyone here is still friends. I just thought that it was funny that you asked the question, and while everyone else got sidetracked, you solved it on your own!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal23
    yes i believe so. eventually someone will happen accross this post and find exactly what they are looing for.
    I can imagine it now. Someone googling for the atomic weight of unobtanium finds this thread in a computer modders' forum.. wtf?

And there was me thinking someone made up Unobtanium...the mythical element no-one can obtain, the quest goes on...

Souns like something you'd hear Proffessor Frink talkin about on the Simpsons.

Cool thread though.

Drew

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal23 View Post
    thanks for the detaild info. i think i will use that paste stuff for the smaller nicks and scratches. seems like it will be esier to work with and the cratches and nicks arent really huge. the over cuts however i found some wicked stuff to use on them. its an epoxy putty. there is 2 parts to it but its all in one stick.
    --snip--
    Magic Bond epoxy putty, made by Devcon
    Ya, that was the stuff I was going to mention. It's great stuff, but, read the safety info on the tube! I think it contains BPA or some other nasty substance. (I can't find my tube atm...) I used to work it with my fingers before I found this out, now I only touch it with gloves on. As for gloves, you can buy a box of blue nitrile (non-latex) gloves at your local Costco/Price Club for under $5. They're not really thick, but they'll keep junk off your hands.

That being said, Cannibal is right, it's great stuff. You mix the two part stuff by mushing it together and apply it to the area to fill. You can even apply it under water. After it cures you can file it, drill, tap, machine, etc do whatever to it.