Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What so you think?

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: What so you think?

btw i have a mod idea for my old compaq...visit it in the Idea Zone and tell what you think ...some tips are always helpful.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

looks pretty good.

my only suggestions is for that wiring. maybe add some uv lights or something to add a bit more flare..

and im gonna second that maxtor problem. ive rma'd 3 in the last 2 years for guys. i suggest uppin to a seagate sata or sata II. my satas are nice, fast and really good price.

and about the video card. you should really look into the performance specs on dual 7800gt's as compared to one kickass 7900 gtx. cost roughly the same, and perform almost the same. then you still have room to sli further down the road......

BUT>>BUT>>BUT.... DO note... SOME GAMES RUN CRAPPIER ON SLI than SINGLE CARD>>>>>>

and also when buyin a new card...just note.. the dif between 512 video card ram compared to 256 is phenominal.

1 512mb card is ALWAYS better than 2 256 ram cards running sli'd or crossfired...

just to show you im not full of ****. here are some doom3 benchmark results. Take a look at the bottom results....

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1930&page=9

ATX Mental Case

yea my hd is sataII and im lovin it. ill get the nvidia card in the future but thanx for those stats changed my mind. and do u think its worth getting an X1800Xt for this rig?

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

i cant find out too much about the x1600pro's benchmark results, but with 512 ram on the card, you are doin just dandy for performance.

i personally would not waste the money on upgrading yet. unless of course you have an endless amount of money kcikin around, but in that case, buy an athlon fx-60 first, if gamin is your concern.

they say rule of thumb is dont bother upgrading unless you see about a 50% gain. so. in your case, a 50% gain would only be possible if you went with 2 x1900xtx's 512 ddr3 ram cards crossfired., or (because i support nvidia 100%), 2 7900gtx's with 512 ddr3 sli'd.

bottom line, dont upgrade unless you hvae tons of money to burn. you will only be dissapointed with fps/cost results anyway.

hope i helped save you some money which in turn you can send me in the mail... thanks

ATX Mental Case

awesome dude thanx ill stick with this!....and not not too many 14 yr olds have a grand layin around lol.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger
    not too many 14 yr olds have a grand layin around lol.
    Roger that!
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.