Thread: My new exciting C&C 4 - Tiberian Twilight review!

Default My new exciting C&C 4 - Tiberian Twilight review!

Sucks.

Dear electronic arts,

Thank you for making a game that does not work properly on dual monitor display. I also really enjoy the fact that your game runs smoothly with wonderful graphics but lacks any good feel of traditional RTS gameplay. I truly felt I have joined a new generation of gaming with your new RTS. Yes. Limited production of units and the inability to use a good technique against many opponents so that it is only possible to beat a level in a given time frame by spamming the same crap over and over seems to me as if there is a great deal of strategy involved.

I never thought there would be a new wave of technology involved with cooperative play, but you have successfully managed to incorporate it in such a style that anyone can easily spam me while I am reading over my single player mission. If that's not awesome enough, people can also spam me with invites, while I read over the various immature comments spammed in chat below while my mission loads. It's somewhat like jerry springer mixed in with bad screen play, but via text.

During my experience in the first portion of the game, there was little instruction that made sense, other than to click buttons and then spam units. The game looks far too zoomed in and the field of view is pure crap. But that's ok because the graphics look great and it runs smoothly. Obviously the cosmetics of the game are far more important than playability and functionality, much like modern day volkswagen cars. I'm going to call this a new jetta, since it seems to have a lot of things that are stupid, pointless, and annoying that go unmentioned. I miss the old days of the air cooled models, they don't make them like they used to *Cough* Tiberian Sun *Cough*.

Thank you for wasting my time and money. I will be quite sure never to buy another command and conquer game ever again as I can rest assured that indeed this sequel "Just isn't as good as the old ones".

In short, I would rather shut my genitalia in a car door than play this game. It would likely feel more pleasing and satisfying.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: My new exciting C&C 4 - Tiberian Twilight review!

C&C4 did not suck

It utterly utterly utterly sucked!!!! lol

And I have EVERY C&C ever made, including Dune lol - definitely bottom of the barrel - great graphics but lousy game

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I have not played it yet. The newest C&C I have is Generals. Was 4 really that bad?

C&C 1, cool. C&C 2. Awesome. C&C 3 NOM NOM NOM. C&C 4.... WTF?

Most commentary on 4 involves genitalia and car doors.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I sincerely apologize for leaving that out. I have updated my review accordingly to accurately reflect the game.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

It can't be as bad as Generals....that was the game that lost me from continuing
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    C&C4 did not suck

It utterly utterly utterly sucked!!!! lol

And I have EVERY C&C ever made, including Dune lol - definitely bottom of the barrel - great graphics but lousy game
    Dune was my first game. I loved that game. It remains to be a very well balanced game. I wish the franchise hadn't been dropped. It's too good. Emperor was pretty awful though. It was ahead of its time (full 3D back when Tiberian Sun was the big thing) and the balance was really poor.

Agreed, the Dune series is fun. I enjoyed emperor, however, agreed, very unbalanced.

Yeah, I liked it at the time, but mostly just because I liked the fictional world of Dune. But looking back I really don't like it for all the imbalance.