Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any automotive nuts on here?

Default Re: Any automotive nuts on here?

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    crap, i forgot about my bike.

i had a '91 honda hawk gt 647. hit a thunder bird that pulle dout in front of me and traded it in for the '92 toyota pickup.
    I can only hope the thunder turd got totaled? One less of those vomit causing things on the road...
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

'80 Honda CM400T here. Not as powerful or pretty as some others mentioned, but still a lot of fun. Soon hopefully turning into a CM450T and adding an electric converted CM450E (appropriate model number, now that I think about it). I found a guy selling an '82 CM450E for parts for $125...now if I can just ever get up with the guy selling the thing I can get it and move forward... -_^
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Although I don't have much time lately I am a vehicle nut too.

My past cars line up:
    75 dodge van "don't come a knocking if the Van is Rocking" fully loaded party machine.
    64 Barracuda (the one with the push button transmission). Stock
    69 Chevelle Malibu (a real sleeper with a modified 327 and other items)
    70 Cutlass Supreme (left that baby dead in the desert with all the fluids leaking out).
    75 Rover 3500s (the car I miss the most due to it's potential)

past Bikes (not sure of the years);
    BulTaco (It truly could climb a tree and I have the scars to prove it...)
    Honda 150 (60mph down hill with a tailwind)
    Suzuki 350 enduro (every cop in town knew me thanks to the trouble I got into on that bike)
    Honda 650 (stock thrasher commuter bike)

Current rides and projects:
    2002 Mustang GT (only bought it because of the deal I got. Fun to drive. Not updating this car)
    2010 Impreza Outback Sport (wife's daily driver. She loves Subaru's but to me this one feels cheapo...)
    1975 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser (lots of work done on this truck. Looking to do an engine and transmission swap to make it easier and cheaper to service and drive)
    1995 HD Sportster XL1200 (What can I say about this bike. It has always been a blast to ride and now that I have completed most of the engine work, it really hauls ass (from stock 65hp to almost 100hp and 101 ft lbs of torque). I can pull the wheel off the ground in 4 gears and have done 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (my mechanic got down to 3.2...). I didn't tell a friend of mine about the engine mods until after he rode it. He started out trying to take off like he was on his sportster (a 1200) and quickly learned about the power. When he brought my bike back he was visibly shaking and had a huge smile on his face. I may have to change the tank emblem to "Sportster 1500" so no one accuses me of false advertising...

Short answer: Yes there are a few of us here...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

I barely have enough time for modding, let alone working on cars, but I do have the family heirloom, which is my vehicular pride & joy: We simply call it "The '55." It's a 1955 Chevrolet Bel-Air coupe my dad and I restored. It's as close to the original stock green as we could get with a white hard top. The original inline-six was beyond saving, and in its place now resides a 327 Chevy small block rescued from a rotting '65 Impala topped off with a 4-barrel Holley carb and mated to a Turbo 350 tranny. It's more cruiser than bruiser, but it'll scoot, too.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I did end up acquiring that AE86 Toyota Corolla, was a bit of a wreck but the chassis was in good nick.

My daily driver is a 2005 Subaru Liberty Sedan.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Finally got a response out of the guy selling the CM450E; I'm going to be picking it up on Monday. ...then I get to pour massive amounts of money into a giant battery pack...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV