Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any automotive nuts on here?

Default Re: Any automotive nuts on here?

That mustang looks nice. I'm not a big fan of that body style normally but looks great blacked out.

The galaxy looks like a fun project. I haven't seen very many of them. Nice to see an old classic being restored.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I think cars are boring. I don't even change my own oil, but I love making car themed PC's
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I remember you from twistedmods as well. Man, lots of old names on here. Hey man how have you been?

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I'm in the process of acquiring an Toyota AE-86 (if all goes well) .
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I like diesels. Working on my K10 Chevrolet that is getting a 6.5 diesel, and a four-speed. I have a thread in the Misc Projects area. Which I need to update with pictures of the pulled engine, and the installed hydro booster.

Also pondering building a 14:1 CR 350SB for E85. But it figures I get the idea in my head to do this after I junk a 305SB with 58CC heads...
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Custom Title Honors

ahhhhh, i have to revive this thread.

my name is ian and i have an addiction.

right now my daily driver is a 2005 tacoma.

in my driveway are the following:
    1979 toyota supra
    1988 merkur xr4ti parts car
    1985 merkur xr4ti - "the vanilla bean" very highly modded
    1986 ford sierra rs cosworth

what i have owned in the past:

1979 toyota supra - owned it 3 times
    1979 toyota supra
    1992 toyota pickup
    1975 toyota celica - never left the previous owner's driveway before i sold it
    1988 isuzu impulse
    1996 mitsubishi galant - currently on it's 4th owner and over 230,000 miles
    1988 golf
    1990 saab 900 convertable - converted to spg specs to make a replica of the only two white convertable spgs ever built.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

I just picked myself up my own little project car, a 91 camaro convertible. That needs a lot of work. Like, lots. I already have the whole stereo system... buuut it's just sitting in storage lol.
    Maybe I'll start a worklog in the misc projects section...
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Old thread, but since no one else is a bike nut, I'll admit I am. I have a 2003 Suzuki SV650S right now that I put 15000 miles on last year alone. I do all my own maintenance (except valve checks, because I'm lazy), and I'm definitely modding it like I did computers. I know A LOT about most sportbikes and standards from the 90's on though, and most people take me along whenever they're buying a bike. Just Sunday I had the good fortune to put about 30 twisty miles on a 04 Honda CBR600RR. Super fun and super fast! I hit 103mph in 3rd gear, and I could hit bigger than 45 degree lean angles on any curve I wanted just by thinking about it!
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    Old thread, but since no one else is a bike nut, I'll admit I am. I have a 2003 Suzuki SV650S right now that I put 15000 miles on last year alone. I do all my own maintenance (except valve checks, because I'm lazy), and I'm definitely modding it like I did computers. I know A LOT about most sportbikes and standards from the 90's on though, and most people take me along whenever they're buying a bike. Just Sunday I had the good fortune to put about 30 twisty miles on a 04 Honda CBR600RR. Super fun and super fast! I hit 103mph in 3rd gear, and I could hit bigger than 45 degree lean angles on any curve I wanted just by thinking about it!
    I come from a Harley family.

At the moment I'm lacking a bike... Two out in the shop though. My Dad has a '08 Electra Glide Classic, and a Titan Gecko. The gecko is up for sale though. Money reasons. Hoping to pickup a bike when spring rolls around. My dad has a lead on a 2000 Katana. Might try to get it to make a streetfighter out of. Something I can beat on without worrying about looks.

Here is the Gecko. It came to us in ten different shades of blue. Including the engine... We repainted everything. Stripped the engine, and tranny for some black. The forks even had blue on them that we stripped.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...n/100_5386.jpg
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Custom Title Honors

crap, i forgot about my bike.

i had a '91 honda hawk gt 647. hit a thunder bird that pulle dout in front of me and traded it in for the '92 toyota pickup.