Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need thermal tape

Default I need thermal tape

Well I got an awesome waterblock for my video card and ramsinks the only problem is I am missing the thermal media for the ramsinks if somebody could help a brotha out that would be awesome.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: I need thermal tape

I have never seen the tape sold. The only thing I know of is the thermal epoxy that Arctic Silver sells.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

This is just about the best stuff out there:

3M 8815 thermal tape
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

yeah I have found the tape but i was hoping for something idk cheap lol
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Don't think you'll find thermal tape cheap. Sorry.
    Last edited by blueonblack; 11-09-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Thermal tape/paste is somewhere I don't think I'd go cheap. Cheap is, well cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

That's actually not a bad price on the 3M stuff, imo. You probably won't need more than one or two squares of it.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Okay let me rephrase by cheap I meant somebody somewhere might have had some leftover. It isn't a horrible price I am just cheap haha; guess I will order that and see what happens. Any ideas whether the epoxy will work better or worse than the tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Any ideas whether the epoxy will work better or worse than the tape?
    As far as I know they will both stick and transfer heat just fine. The difference is the epoxy is forever.

ill tell you a secret... a doughnut of AS5 or any other thick thermal paste will create a vaccum seal for ram sinks. lol.. thats how i attach mine. just a dot, then stick it down, swish it around, so long as you dont touch it alot it holds quite well.
    Not dead yet